2007 Shelby Hood on GT?

mahoogan

Mar 28, 2006
Just hit a deer about an hour ago need a new hood so I'm looking at options. From my dealership it looks like the GT500 hood is actually a few bucks cheaper than the regular GT. My question is will the hood work without the front fascia and what would it take? Would it be a direct bolt-on? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I checked out the write up the person posted and they say that the upper lip is higher on the GT500 Hood. I was just kinda hoping that someone had tried it with a regular GT front end to see if the gap was very noticable. I like the Saleen also but I haven't heard back from them on the price for just the hood or if it is available that way.

Thanks kooldawg. I was actually looking to do just the opposite. By that I mean keep the stock front end and go with the aftermarket GT500 hood. I know there would be a gap on the top but am not sure if it would hurt the looks that bad. I'm looking at Saleen hoods and some others at this point since mine needs replaced and should be able to use my insurance money to purchase and just make up the difference myself.

Have you checked into take off parts? I am sure you can get a hood for a lot less than from the dealer, and you should be able to get it in your cars color. If your lucky and it is shipped well you won't have to get it painted.

Good points about vents and the take-off hoods. Looks like the take-off are roughly $399, plus whatever the shipping and possibly tax are. I called a local dealer that happens to be Saleen and Roush certified and said they do aftermarked swaps during repairs. Im not looking at purchasing the hood outright so if it doesn't seem to work out with the upgrade, I will have them put a new stock one back on.

Yes it will work with some minor mods and it doesn't look too bad either. My buddy did this on his '06 GT. All you need to do is pull the screws (or clips can't remember right now) out of the top of bumper cover (one each side) push it back and drill new holes re-install screws. Now the hood will rub on the front edge a little but you can't tell with hood down.

Thanks kooldawg. I was actually looking to do just the opposite. By that I mean keep the stock front end and go with the aftermarket GT500 hood. I know there would be a gap on the top but am not sure if it would hurt the looks that bad. I'm looking at Saleen hoods and some others at this point since mine needs replaced and should be able to use my insurance money to purchase and just make up the difference myself.

Keep in mind that even though the hood itself is cheaper compared to the GT hood, the 2 black plastic vents run around $220 each MSRP,,, so if you get the GT500 hood, you should ask for the price for the complete package :flag:

Keep in mind that even though the hood itself is cheaper compared to the GT hood, the 2 black plastic vents run around $220 each MSRP,,, so if you get the GT500 hood, you should ask for the price for the complete package :flag:

I believe for $440 I would look for some kind of metal mesh screens instead of the plastic from Ford...That price is crazy!!!!!

I've decided against the Shelby hood without doing and entire front end swap. I'm pretty set on the Cervini C-Series hood now.

At this point trying to decide which front fascia I want. I don't really like the Cervini unless its complete, and there is no way im paying $1500 for the fascia and grills. Leaning towards the Roush without the lower valence. Thanks for your input.

I'm also open to suggestions on what fascia would look good with the Cervini C series hood. The reason I dont want the lower valence on the Roush fascia is due to the fact that i'm not looking to put on side skirts or a rear fascia. So I don't want the front to hang too low and look out of place compared to the sides.

I feel your pain, had the same thing happen with my 02GT. Insurance paid for a new hood, I chipped in an extra $200.00 and had the body shop order me a new factory 03 Mach1 hood painted and all. Pulled the hood off and leaned it against the wall waiting on the shaker assembly to arrive but I had to cancel that order after some JackA— ran me off the road and totaled the car. :nonono:

The painted factory Mach1 hood… it’s still leaning against the same wall.

Hope your luck proves to be better than mine.