245's on 9in rim?

02TruBlueGt

Aug 22, 2006
Basically the ? is will 245's fit on a 9in rim?? I am ordering 03 cobra rims. I will be getting 275 in the rear. But can only afford the rear tires with all 4 rims. So i was going to have my boy, Put the 245s from my car on my front rims until i can afford to get fronts. Would i run into any probs doing this?

• Sponsors (?)

245 are too narrow for 9s. 275 are perfect, although you could run 285 out back. The 245s will go on there but they'll look crap and your new rims will be exposed and asking for damage.

You can definitely get away with it, but it depends on which tire you use. I've got them (Nittos) on my 95 R's and the wheel is not exposed at all. I've seen some where the wheel sticks out a considerable amount from the tire though. It looked bad.

You can do it though.

Alright thanks everyone. Im going to be running. 2 oem tires up front. For like 2 weeks on my cobras, because im getting dr's but wont have enough left over for the front. Its hard to explain why im doing this but all 4 oem tires are bald just 2 are worse then other 2 so imma just use them for the time being.

you did not mention rim dia.,my 99 came with 245/45/17 on 17x9 from the factory and looked good.I put 275/40/17 on rear and they fit good also.

As others have already stated....you're really going to be stretching the side walls out with the 245's on a 9" rim. You'll have next to no rim protection against curbs or potholes or even unsuspecting big bumps you might encounter on the highway....so keep that in mind, even if they are only temporary.

As others have already stated....you're really going to be stretching the side walls out with the 245's on a 9" rim. You'll have next to no rim protection against curbs or potholes or even unsuspecting big bumps you might encounter on the highway....so keep that in mind, even if they are only temporary.

old thread..but i have a question. What about the 245 G-force kdw's that seem to run wide? can those go on a 9"?

I had 245 Nitto NT555's on my 9" '03 Cobra fronts. Looked like ****, and exposed the lip of the wheel, and both did get damaged eventually. 255's or 265's look much better.

You can do it if you have to, but when you can afford the fronts, get 265's.