351 Hyd. Roller Motors

spierce

Jul 27, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Are the 351's out of '94 (and up) F150's, and Bronco's Hyd. Roller motors?
I've been searching everywhere for specs on the F150 and Bronco motors to see if anyone lists them.

I'm looking for a 351 but I want to make sure it's a hyd. roller motor, and it needs to be in south west.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

If I remeber correctly only H and R vin coded trucks and broncos in the 90's are roller 351's. Most are flat tappet.

I will try and look it up in my speed pro book when I get home to confurm. To find out this kind of stuff just go to you local GOOD auto parts store and look up part numbers, really easy to do. I usaly ask them if they are getting rid of old catalogs, and they usaly give them to you for free. I have enough by now to almost start my own parts store. Its really handy, then you don't have to rely on a parts guy

If you are just going to drop in the long block, fully assembled, then it is worth looking for the roller blocks.

If not it is easy to convert to rollers. Any good shop can do it for you, or you could do it yourself.

jason

351 roller

I want an existing roller block because I'm dropping it right in. I don't want to have to worry about 500.00 in cam and lifters to turn it into a roller block.

If the lifters could be had for 200.00 I'd definately be interested in the older blocks.

Also, do the newer 351's (94 up) have forged or Hyper pistons in them?

I am planning on a bit of boost and want to make sure I don't go to far if they are Hypers.

thanks

spierce said:
I want an existing roller block because I'm dropping it right in. I don't want to have to worry about 500.00 in cam and lifters to turn it into a roller block.

If the lifters could be had for 200.00 I'd definately be interested in the older blocks.

Also, do the newer 351's (94 up) have forged or Hyper pistons in them?

I am planning on a bit of boost and want to make sure I don't go to far if they are Hypers.

thanks

The parts could be had for much less than $200 if you are willing to get used parts. All the parts can be found on roller 302s which are pretty easy to find. I think the Ford lifters are about 200, but I don't remember. Check Sumitt.
When I was looking for a 351w block about 2yrs ago, most places wanted a few hundred more for roller blocks.

I don't remember hearing about forged pistons in a 351w but maybe they were used.

jason

351 roller conversion

Everything I've found says that to convert the older motors to Hyd. roller blocks you have to use the Link bar lifters which I've never seen for under 300.00 and the reduced circle cam.

I'd love to get an older block for more strength but I just don't want the extra cost of the conversion.

spierce said:
Everything I've found says that to convert the older motors to Hyd. roller blocks you have to use the Link bar lifters which I've never seen for under 300.00 and the reduced circle cam.

I'd love to get an older block for more strength but I just don't want the extra cost of the conversion.
You don't need the reduced circle cam if you use the link bar lifters.