391 swap into foxbody

All those different series engines about the same size and similar vintage is a pain in the differential for new counter monkeys.
If CarMichsel Angelo says a swap is not worth it, you should listen.
Hot Rod did a double 390 FE build with new heads and pulled some good power numbers. But look at how much the $$$ total was on the two versions. The FT parts will not be cheaper. I remember a different article that blew up a 390. I do not how close the FT heads are, but I like the truck idea if you want to use this different engine.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe that to be an inaccurate statement.
Chevy didnt even try to run in Lemans..Ford not only did that, but won that race with a 427 for 5 years straight from 64-69.
TASCA ford kicked ass in the early 60's in Afx with a 427 As did others like Don Nicholson, Gas Rhonda, and the Holman Moody team driving T bolts powered by 427 SOHC ( cammers).
THAT engine was such a heathen, the weenie Bow tie teams in NASCAR bitched so loudly they got that engine banned, which forced it into usage in NHRA.
Follow that up with the factory domination when the 428cj showed up in 1968 as a CobraJet, and SSA, and SS got put on notice that Ford wasnt dicking around. Through the late 60's, the 428cj held C/stock auto in a Mustang.
You are definitely correct about LeMans, as “The Deuce” Henry Ford II would spend anything necessary to beat Ferrari, a personal feud. Ford released the ‘63 1/2 Galaxies in early ‘63 and cleaned house in NASCAR as well, but this was as Chevy pulled all support for its new “mystery motor” in NASCAR, leaving only Junior Johnson to complete the season with no factory support.

My comment was more focused on NHRA. In ‘62, the Ford 406 was not very competitive with the Chevy 409. In ‘63 and ‘64, Ford only offered the 427 as a stock engine in the full sized Galaxies, which were considerably heavier than the competition, putting them at a disadvantage. Ford offered a lightweight version of the Galaxy with a drag-race only 427, with more success, but eventually giving birth to the Thunderbolt, a 427 Fairlane, which I believe was generally not available to the general public. The AFX Comets were so far from the rules that NHRA had to create the class they competed in. While Chrysler was very competitive, Chevy’s withdrawal from racing was pretty complete, with only limited support to Chevy racers.

And Ford continued to support racing for the rest of the decade, with good results.

Chevy didnt even try to run in Lemans..Ford not only did that, but won that race with a 427 for 5 years straight from 64-69.
TASCA ford kicked ass in the early 60's in Afx with a 427 As did others like Don Nicholson, Gas Rhonda, and the Holman Moody team driving T bolts powered by 427 SOHC ( cammers).
THAT engine was such a heathen, the weenie Bow tie teams in NASCAR bitched so loudly they got that engine banned, which forced it into usage in NHRA.
Follow that up with the factory domination when the 428cj showed up in 1968 as a CobraJet, and SSA, and SS got put on notice that Ford wasnt dicking around. Through the late 60's, the 428cj held C/stock auto in a Mustang.
you tell 'em cma!

Actually, '63 Galaxies are still racing!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWkDaVUn0EQ

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
As far as the "way back in the day someone made a kit to put a 460 in a foxbody?" D&D automotive still sells the motor mounts, oil pans, and headers for that swap all day long... Look em up on the web.. they even sell it in a "kit" form...

Reactions: 1 user