5 lug conversion guys.. pls help..

CoupeRon

Sep 10, 2011
OK...learning the hard way that Mark 7 conversion wasn't the best way to go, but that is what came on the car...along with a UPR K-MEMBER, A-arms and coilovers. I bought some 17x9 Cobra R replicas (23MM OFFSET) and learned the rim scrapes the coilover in the front. Only thing that helped was a 5/16 spacer and that doesn't leave any room for tire bulge. Additionally...looks like the rim is at least 1/2 to 1 inch outside the fender well (looks like crap). My question is.......do the SN95 spindles bring the wheel hub inside the wheel well any more than the Mark 7s? I know it will effect the dust cap and allow a wider range of rims....I just need to get these #@!%!$ 17x9s under the front fender without rubbing the coilover. I am very close to throwing in the towel and ordering 17x8s with 5.24 backspacing fromn AFS....but since I already have the rims...was hoping someone knew the answer to my question. Would rather spend the mony on some new tires. Thanks guys! Ron

• Sponsors (?)

I test fitted the rims before I bought tires. As soon as the hub of the rim bottoms out on the hub on the spindle...the lip of the rim contacts the coilover.....so it would drag on the coil over all the time. If it had a tire on it with any side wall at all...the rim would not sit flush when you tried to bolt it on. There has to be someone out there that has the UPR K-member/A-Arm?coil over set up that went through this? I really wanted the Cobra Rs so I wasn't too concerned with the Mark 7 set up...???