Brakes 5-Lug Converted Brakes / Parts - ID Help!

update i brought it to my mechanic and he bleed the brakes there was a lot of air in the system (i was there when we was doing it) but today took it for a nice ride and still weak brake pressure it is not on the floor but just above it.... again... starting to thinking this is why the pervious owner got rid of it

• Sponsors (?)

Brake booster might have a leak. It only hisses when you step on the pedal?

If you shut the engine off, set a timer for, say 10MINs, and then come back and press the pedal, is it rock hard or do you still have a pump or two left?

Brake booster might have a leak. It only hisses when you step on the pedal?

If you shut the engine off, set a timer for, say 10MINs, and then come back and press the pedal, is it rock hard or do you still have a pump or two left?

Yes i tested the booster by running it for 10 seconds and shutting it off by the 3rd press peddle was rock hard took it for a ride tthis morning and i pump the breaks for the pedal to become hard then it starts to sink again what do you think more air in the system

Either air, or you have a caliper that is hung off the rotor giving you a LOT of travel before putting pressure on the rotor. Probably not the latter considering you had a mechanic bleed the brakes and it wasn't noticed.

94-98 GT/v6 front brakes
sn95 rear brakes

and a 94-95 GT/V6 Master cylinder correct? I do see the stock booster, but that shouldn't cause a soft pedal. If anything it would make the pedal firmer.

Was the brake booster pushrod ever adjusted?

https://techtalk.mpbrakes.com/how-t...forget-the-booster-pin-to-master-cylinder-gap

Either air, or you have a caliper that is hung off the rotor giving you a LOT of travel before putting pressure on the rotor. Probably not the latter considering you had a mechanic bleed the brakes and it wasn't noticed.

94-98 GT/v6 front brakes
sn95 rear brakes

and a 94-95 GT/V6 Master cylinder correct? I do see the stock booster, but that shouldn't cause a soft pedal. If anything it would make the pedal firmer.

Was the brake booster pushrod ever adjusted?

https://techtalk.mpbrakes.com/how-t...forget-the-booster-pin-to-master-cylinder-gap
Yes it is off a 94 note sure if it was adjusted how would i go about checking

If the cam was not making enough vacuum then the peddle would be hard. New master cylinder? If not it could be bad, but it sounds like air to me. Can you pump the peddle and make it feel better or is the first push good then loose pressure?

If the cam wasn't making vacuum you'd have a rock hard pedal with the vacuum line connected.

Measure booster rod lenght and make sure the rod does not have a gap before it contacts the MC

Reactions: 1 user
got an update for you all finally had some time to adjust the booster pushrod andddd the whole rod came out of the booster im no mechanic but i dont think that is supposed to happen decided to just replace the booster should i go with a 94 gt booster to match the master?

Yeah that shouldn't happen.

93 Cobra booster would be a slightly easier install but 94-95 is exactly the same. Only difference is the location of one of the mounting studs. You'll have to slot a hole with the 94-95 booster.

Make sure you have correct nuts for sn95 booster if you get one. They are metric pitch while fox is SAE

I still to this day with as many times as I have done the 5 lug/4 wheel disc swap can't figure why people will do the swap, but NOT put on a 93 cobra booster! If anyone tells you they did a 5 lug/4 wheel disc swap and still have the stock fox booster and have good brakes...they are lying. Plain and simple. 93 cobra booster is cheap, and it is not THAT hard to install. Put in a 93 cobra booster and be done with your problems.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I still to this day with as many times as I have done the 5 lug/4 wheel disc swap can't figure why people will do the swap, but NOT put on a 93 cobra booster! If anyone tells you they did a 5 lug/4 wheel disc swap and still have the stock fox booster and have good brakes...they are lying. Plain and simple. 93 cobra booster is cheap, and it is not THAT hard to install. Put in a 93 cobra booster and be done with your problems.
That was the booster i was looking at getting should bolt right up should i get a different master as well or can i still use a 94