5 speed auto for fox????

irvgotti

Dec 19, 2005
New York city
hey i was wondering with the gas prices so high in the city it would be great to have a 5 speed automatic for my 86.But im not even sure if they have such a thing..my research shown nothing...does anyone know if there is, or have someone modded one..im really interested in the concept.....

did u guys see the top gear in Alabama video lol...Dont mess with hicks and there Nascar....i Dont like those phonies anyway i Dont feel bad for them one bit

• Sponsors (?)

Thinking outside the box

well my gas mileage is combined city and highway 16 mpg...i was just trying to think ahead (as ford is now doing) and improve further looking towards that extra step in improvements ...And i think a five speed automatic can help in both mileage and performance while keeping city comfort (somewhat)...

Also i wanna keep it automatic cause its a city car my previous fox 5 speed tho was fun when had room to play it was a stiff clutch foot doctor car.. and in traffic it was just a chore and where in traffic a lot in our driving lives in new york city.and i really enjoy drinking coffee and driving...so is there no one out there thinking in the same way i am..

I'm just trying to improve efficiency

hey i was wondering with the gas prices so high in the city it would be great to have a 5 speed automatic for my 86.But im not even sure if they have such a thing..my research shown nothing...does anyone know if there is, or have someone modded one..im really interested in the concept.....

did u guys see the top gear in Alabama video lol...Dont mess with hicks and there Nascar....i Dont like those phonies anyway i Dont feel bad for them one bit

Good luck, I am not sure if there is a 5-speed auto that will bolt onto a 5.0.

and that top gear video actually makes me sad to be an American. It shows a side of America that is actually true and pathetic. If you would go after someone because they had something written on their car (and although it was offensive, none of the stuff was that bad), destroy their poperty and attack them, then your a piece of s**t in my book. How can a business owner scare off paying customers and call in guys to come attack them like that...

Pieces of S**T most of the Americans in that film.

Oh btw top gear is an awesome show, and if you dont like them making fun of American stuff, grow a thicker skin, and realize American cars are mainly junk compared to a lot of the foreign cars out there!

well i dont like him cause he contradicts himself..he can hate a zo6 for being loud but love the smaller aston martin cause you an hear it blocks away and compare a impracticall race purpace built car as the elise with a car like a mustang. and talk bad about american cars and love the ford GT....if he has to go to those extremes to prove his point who's gonna listen .i dont like bias reporting.... well that wasent anything im proud of niether what was done in the video but i did get a laugh out of it .... i see it like this...If you know what u gonna do is a major insult to the ppl of that town and you still do it then u are ok with the consequences & ur a damn idiot.....lol

well back to the tranny....i think it would be a great upgrade....and i think ppl should push for it i would like to see it happen, i dont know about you guys if i had a shop i would be trying to make this happen myself..but i dont

Thats what the show is about, its three guys reporting their opinions about the cars from what they see. Saying you hate a company but love a car by them is not a contradiction, its an opinion (and its also a $150,000 car, even a junk company should make a good car for that kind of money). The Vette vs Aston thing, unless you have driven both its hard to say. The Vette might be loud, with wind noise, rattles and exhsuat noise inside, while the Aston might be quiet as can be, and on the outside it is loud! That to me would be annoying, a car thats worth that much and loud inside.

Oh well your opinion about the show differs, thats normal, I just hated the way the Americans acted, and wish scum like that didnt exhist!