62 falcon with Fox guts build

Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
The easy part
250 - 1.jpg
 
  • Sponsors(?)


Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
The 302 is in and bolted to the tranny. I get the smaller booster later today. I'll get that mocked up and then I can do final positioning. I need to see which set of motor mounts will give me the most clearance at the steering shaft. I have both stud and bolt through. I can then fab the mount pads.
302 in engine bay.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Steel1

Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
Maybe possibly, do you have a pair you'd like to donate. After that I'd have to do complete dual exhaust. I'm trying to work with what I've got. If I can accomplish that then I know down the road headers is an easy upgrade.
 

Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
It looks like I can come forward and up a little then to the left about an 1". The tranny is still bolted to the crossmember and was pushed as far back as possible because the 6cyl is a few inches longer than the 5.0.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2Blue2

Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
I already have a Y pipe fabbed up to connect to the existing exhaust. I have 2" of clearance on the driver side exhaust manifold to frame. My local exhaust shop quoted me $300 to dual it out to the back bumper. The Y pipe was $16.00 and some cutting and welding. Remember I still have to make motor mounts, I might as well center the engine as much as I can.
 

Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
I am using a booster for a 76 Datsun B210 to give me some room for the Explorer intake. It is only 5 1/2" in diameter. Below are the pics of the process so far booster 1.jpg booster to MC adapter.jpg Booster with adapter.jpg MC trimmed.jpg MC trimmed 2.jpg Booster with MC mounted.jpg Booster with MC mounted 2.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2Blue2

Mr.Kelley

Active Member
Aug 9, 2019
84
69
28
57
San Diego Ca
I got my motor mounts built and tack welded in. The engine sits where I want it and there is clearance all around. Now I get to pull it back out finish welding in the mounts, fill some holes, and generally clean up the engine bay. Pics to follow