62 falcon with Fox guts build

The easy part
250 - 1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The 302 is in and bolted to the tranny. I get the smaller booster later today. I'll get that mocked up and then I can do final positioning. I need to see which set of motor mounts will give me the most clearance at the steering shaft. I have both stud and bolt through. I can then fab the mount pads.
302 in engine bay.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe possibly, do you have a pair you'd like to donate. After that I'd have to do complete dual exhaust. I'm trying to work with what I've got. If I can accomplish that then I know down the road headers is an easy upgrade.

It looks like I can come forward and up a little then to the left about an 1". The tranny is still bolted to the crossmember and was pushed as far back as possible because the 6cyl is a few inches longer than the 5.0.

Reactions: 1 user
I would back up, take another look, and map out what will cost more. Fabbing up an exhaust to mate to those manifolds is a waste IMO.

Find something that hugs closer to the block before spending cash on the rest so you're no spending it twice.

Reactions: 1 users
I already have a Y pipe fabbed up to connect to the existing exhaust. I have 2" of clearance on the driver side exhaust manifold to frame. My local exhaust shop quoted me $300 to dual it out to the back bumper. The Y pipe was $16.00 and some cutting and welding. Remember I still have to make motor mounts, I might as well center the engine as much as I can.

I got my motor mounts built and tack welded in. The engine sits where I want it and there is clearance all around. Now I get to pull it back out finish welding in the mounts, fill some holes, and generally clean up the engine bay. Pics to follow