Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

That's interesting. What material are they using?
All I know is its black....not yellow....I think ( somewhere in my build thread ) I listed what my cobra bumper was made from. Its the same material.

The reason I don't like it is because my gt bumper for my 89 convertible was the same material. When I got my car painted the bumper turned brittle. I know that because a woman backed into it, in a parking lot, and it cracked from the right corner down to the fog light.

That bumper looked perfect until then. After that I bought an OEM bumper and never had a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok guys, i want to get the new headlights for Robby.

LMR has these that look interesting. Any of you 4i'd guys have an opinion?https://lmr.com/item/SDT-LHPJMB/SVE-Projector-Headlights-Black-Mustang-79-86

By the By, i was going to paint the front bumper today. I filled a thousand chips and dings on this bumper and reprimered. I sanded it down and realized i had one thousand and five:nonono:.

So i got them filled and my anal side possessed me, i reprimered those areas and then i blocked the front bumper using a flexible block. It doesn't take out the big waves, but it does wonders for all of those little ones.

I love/hate the grille, i think it looks really good, but my fingers hurt really bad now.:cry:

So, tomorrow, tomorrow i'll paint the bumper.:nice:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Would need to see on a car. But I vote no. Cars from the 80s look weird with such modern touches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Stock. The glass won't yellow and you can always upgrade the bulb to h4 lighting for better output. Did it on my jeep. Best bang for the buck mod I've done to it.

Reactions: 1 users
GettIng started:
image.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
So I'm painting my bumper, right?

Since I have plenty of space in the booth, I thought I should make a little money while I'm at it and shoot a liftgate and rear bumper from a customer's Grand Cherokee. The paint code is PAV, or dark charcoal pearl.

I think it would be the perfect accent color, what do y'all think?

I called my jobber and he said he hadn't mixed the Mystichrome paint yet. I told him not too.

Here's a couple pictures of the parts before clear coating them.
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2005.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Any black color trim is the right way to go IMO. Keep it crisp and clean and not too busy looking. I don't see how mystichrome was ever going to jive but I do like the black

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, all shiny now.

I'll do the two tone in a couple days. My jobber will be getting me the grey on Thursday. I'll clear coat that color with a semi-gloss.
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG

I'll get a picture in the sun after it gets done baking.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.