Status
Not open for further replies.
Last item is in.

Team Z to the rescue......
IMG_4079.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I picked up my radiator support and light buckets from the sand blaster today. Last piece of the puzzle.

I’ll get it in etch primer and a couple coats of regular primer to cover up the bare metal this afternoon sometime.
Before:
2C36507C-1237-426D-A5E5-559F4E8DB30E.jpeg

After:
51FA2A3F-DFBF-46C5-8C95-9C9F077A9EE5.jpeg

Now.....just got to tell the wife to get out of the garage..........

I did primer the bare metal parts.

I already painted the light buckets a semi gloss black and have installed them on the header panel. I'll finish the header up soon, I have to get the sidemarker lamp housings. C&J seems to have the best price. I love the kit from LMR for redoing the header panel. The old housing pads fell apart when I disassembled it. The new ones are just sooooo......fresh?

Anyhow, the radiator support and lower Team Z support are ready to put on Booger now.

I think logistically wise, I'm ready for June.

I'm kind of debating the through the floor sfc's. I'll be welding in that new pan and then cutting it up. I'll probably still follow @Hoytster 's route. A t-top coupe isn't the most flex resistant vehicle on the road.

Busy three months coming up, i'm pretty excited.

So a picture in primer.
IMG_4081.JPG
IMG_4082.JPG

Awesome Dave!

I dunno about the through the floor SFC's and I think just a set of MM units will work but if you've got the time and materials then go for it. I'm sure it will be easier with your new cutter but I wasn't interested at all just trying to use a cutoff wheel.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the ttf sf connectors are overkill to the extreme of a fab9 rear end on a street car. The standard connector welded to the sub frames with the jacking rails tied to the rocker pinch weld makes the car so stiff, you can get 3 tires in the air when you jack the car up.

How much freakin more rigid does it have to be?

BTW, I’ve just been screwing around with my plasma cutter. I’m getting pretty decent at the gouging of spot welds now.

The second half of the spot weld removal is called ‘washing’. It’s very cool how easy it is to basically wash of the remanent of the weld.

Gouging just take a few seconds and the washing takes another 3 or 4 seconds.

I want to be ready to do this with Booger. Sht tin of spot welds to remove.

Oooooooohhhhhh!!!!! I want an english wheel, I want it badly!

When Booger gets into the garage for the summer, I may not fiddle with the quarters yet. I may get a decent english wheel in the fall time.

Though I could go ahead with the outboard mini-tub this summer. I can get the outer 1/4 panel cut off and extend the tubs out the 1.5"s. That way I could still form the outer panel even if Booger is back in storage, I'll just need to make trips back and forth from the storage unit. It's only about two miles from my house.

I'm just not going to be patient enough to use the forming hammers and sand bag routine.

• Happy
type in english wheel site:craigslist.org and see what comes up. That will search ALL of craigslist. You might find one in Maine...you might find one in OKC. Who knows. There are things I am looking for my 85 and I do a complete craigslist search every couple of weeks. There's also an automotive tool section on Corral. I've scored a few deals from there too. Post a want to buy ad...never know what someone has laying around!

Status
Not open for further replies.