85-87 RX-7 Vs 1992 5.0lx

1.8kmint

May 31, 2007
Middletown, CA
KK some kid today came up to me as i was leavin school talkin trash bout how my engine sounded like **** while i was revin it in park to show it to my friend. This ass was sayin his 85-87 rx-7 would smoke the 5.0lx. Now this kid doesnt know too much about cars but I know hes been messing with his car in some way or form not sure if its the turbo model or not, and its not quite stock. He wanted to race me but i declined for now since I'm replacing the exhaust soon and im not quite sure what mods hes got on his car. My question is do you think he can beat the 5.0 lx or even have a chance even if his car is like an 87 turbo? I'm talkin races as in 1/4 mile and 0-60. My car is pretty much stock except for the suspension and cold air intake is a k and n filter. I personally think the lx should crush this import in both the quarter and the 0-60 but I just wanted to get your guys' opinions first.

• Sponsors (?)

like you said it really depends on what he has done to his car. is your car a 5 speed? do you have gears? there was a guy around here with the same year rx7 and he had dropped a 383 in it. that's more than likely NOT the case here, but i'm just saying, you never know. try to find out more

Yea well he just asked me today so i figured I'd throw it out there and my lx is an auto. Bought it from the daughter of some guy who was gunna turn it into a real racer but he died and the daughter had to move and sell the car. So all he got was the suspension and cold air intake before he finished. Eventually ima change out the tranny for a manual with short throw or sell it off but for now its alright to mess around in.

ok my first car was a 1988 Rx-7 non turbo 5-speed with a CAI and no cats and an exhaust best my car ran was a 16.3 :notnice: If it is a turbo it should have a hood scoop for the intercooler those stock run about 15.4 they are rated at 182 Hp. Should be a good race if its a turbo if not you should win no problem.

Tell him to buy a Mustang or :Zip2: Because I hate people that run their mouth with import cars!! Bring some American Muscle and then we will talk.:flag:

I remember how it was in high school though. I had my dads stock 95 GT convertible automatic. This guy with a 96 Z28 6spd would always harass me. Once while waiting to turn left into the school, he did a burnout in front of me and my car was lost in his smoke:eek: Later that week, he totalled the car and drove a Beretta for the last 2 years of high school. I drove my Dad's Mustang the last 2 years. Once, I asked him, who's are is faster now?? He didn't like that one. :rlaugh: