Progress Thread 85 Mustang newbie trying to be a good Dad

Project update. Found another 30 lbs of corn. You guessed it in the Heating/cooling system. He chewed through that thing and destroyed it. And the Dash (Not the pad, or the cluster) is the actual dash assembly, not sure what to call it. Is garbage. So group question. Where do you get a new Dash, and where do you get a new "HVAC" box that includes the blower heater core, and A/C unit under the dash. This pack rat is getting expensive! Starting to think I'd rather replace rust. It was an Arizona car and I am finding that you pay the price for no road salt with brittle plastic. I have scoured the Interweb and have not found anyone who makes the dash for these things. Anybody?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Project update. Found another 30 lbs of corn. You guessed it in the Heating/cooling system. He chewed through that thing and destroyed it. And the Dash (Not the pad, or the cluster) is the actual dash assembly, not sure what to call it. Is garbage. So group question. Where do you get a new Dash, and where do you get a new "HVAC" box that includes the blower heater core, and A/C unit under the dash. This pack rat is getting expensive! Starting to think I'd rather replace rust. It was an Arizona car and I am finding that you pay the price for no road salt with brittle plastic. I have scoured the Interweb and have not found anyone who makes the dash for these things. Anybody?
I subscribe to several Fox Mustang sites on Facebook, and from time to time see guys selling those items. You have to be patient, as they never seem to be available when you need them.

Currently restoring an 85 GT hatch with my dad as well, shocking how many other father/son projects are on here. I also need a wiring harness, if you find any sites selling em, send them my way if you wouldn't mind. I like the build, hope to see where you guys take it!!

Currently restoring an 85 GT hatch with my dad as well, shocking how many other father/son projects are on here. I also need a wiring harness, if you find any sites selling em, send them my way if you wouldn't mind. I like the build, hope to see where you guys take it!!
Follow this post back a page there is a link. I think we're gonna go that direction. I also found a complete harness at a junk yard and am picking it up soon. Good luck with your build!

On the 5 lug conversion idea, I saw you mention that your son say you “needed” it. And there was a horsepower number of 360 mentioned within that idea too. 5 lug conversions are common for sure but the most usual reason is to allow an expanded wheel choice.

360 hp is not a threat to the Foxbody 4 lug axles. I know people that are running 500hp on the 4 lug. If you look you’ll see those are 1/2” studs which are stronger than the 7/16” studs you normally see on most 5 lug passenger car hubs of that era.

Well look at what our Fed Ex guy dropped off last night. (Insert maniacal laugh) Now to find that dash!

Attachments

• blueprint crate.jpeg
    blueprint crate.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 61
  • blueprint engine.jpeg
    blueprint engine.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: 4 users
supposed to get the compressor and soda blaster this weekend, it is all stripped down and out and ready to blast. But man life starts hitting hard for musicians in the spring! We will find the time.

Noticed your photo hbadventure
What are you preparing to do? Rock climbing?
No to rock climbing, but good question, we are Dual Sport Motorcycle family. We ride "street legal" dirt bikes and try our best to stay off the street! I took this up years ago when the first cell phones became normal. So now I try to avoid people, but still ride. Wife and I in SD last spring, yes she rides her own bike. Has worked hard to be able to keep up and very proud of her for that.

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_102524181.jpg
    IMG_20210617_102524181.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 1 users
What do y’all play?
This is my sons band https://www.facebook.com/quitefranklytheband and their spotify link for original music
View: https://open.spotify.com/track/4z91M9TVp4nWM4D6L86xgr?si=ac897a3994a146cf

This is my recently dug out of retirement band because my friends are relentless called Free Range Chickens We cover everything from Hank Williams to Queen But mostly are a country dance band. Were just old farts having fun. The kids are quite talented. The kids are a rock band on originals and cover 4 decades of rock music but more modern than most rock cover bands.

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/4eCTNem0weJn5kR9zSH4sj?si=cd307caef55b4133
copy to your browser and listen if you have ever been divorced!

Some families do baseball, some do soccer, some do rodeo, drag racing insert your passion. Were musicians, and we love to entertain a crowd and enjoy the people we meet along the way.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Wonderful. I see people on the old pony express road in Utah and they come from Wyo heading for NV on those 750 Harleys or whatever the enduro ones are
You can go most of the way across our state on dirt roads and can go under I 15 and I 70