What's it Worth? 89 fox GT

ipscshooter

Founding Member
Mar 5, 1999
Houston, Texas
with engine delete mod.

back story... Bought in November 1988, new. Did heads/cam/ intake/exhaust/gears/ and global west suspension mods in about 1998. It was my daily driver until I sold to my son when I bought my 13 GT. Shortly thereafter, he broke a valve spring and, rather than simply replacing the valve spring, he pulled the engine with intent to do a serious HP rebuild. At the time, he was working as a tech at one of the better performance shops in Houston. He found a used 911 S4 for a bargain price, so I bought the car back from him, with the intent that we would later make it a project car. Life got in the way, and we were both, however, too busy to get the project going. He died from COVID in 2021, so, needless to say, the project is not going to happen. My wife would kiinda like me to get it out of our driveway... I'm curious as to what it may be worth. Still has the T5Z trans...

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, sorry about that... The car has been sitting in my carport since 2016, and I don't have any current pics. No rust that I'm aware of. No body damage. Paint and interior are in good shape. Unfortunately my garden hose won't reach to where it's parked, and, over the years, the car cover has slowly deteriorated, so it's got several years of dust on it... Finish issues are with the black trim on the doors below the windows and around the rear quarter windows. Same colors as the 89 posted by fishstang in December, i.e. Maroon over Gray. I'm just looking for a general price range, i.e. if it's a rusted out piece of crap, $500? If it's in show room condition, but without engine, it's $5000? This one is probably somewhere a little above the middle of those extremes. I guess maybe I'll have to make a run to Lowe's to buy a 50' extension garden hose so I can knock the dust off of it...

Located in Houston.