95 Cobra Camshaft

olong_us

Jul 21, 2005
Ok my buddy just bought a 95 Cobra with some light bolt-on's. He wants to add a camshaft to that list. whats the most lift the stock heads can take b4 we have to have the valve guides milled? Also whats good the TFS stage 1? the comp 2031? or should he just get the steeda #19 with the 115* lobe seperation?? Thanks alot alex

• Sponsors (?)

The 2031 was designed for that specific motor/valvetrain....Its a straight swap with no BS involved...The computer prolly won't freak either...
Change the geometry to much and you may require longer pushrods??? and whatever gremlins come with it...
I run the 19 and with slightly milled heads and the cam centerline changing required longer pushrods...something I hadn't forseen...

Do you feel lucky...:D ..tear it down, revamp the heads, add stronger springs...Sometimes more lift can get $$$$

does he have a full exhaust and all the other little crap? The car is pretty quick if the right bolt ons are used. I cant imagine just a swapped cam can pick up anything worth a damn on the car, unless you go all out...