alright, this is why i own a gm and not a fox!!!

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
okay, so i'd just like to get some things off my chest about my car situation, since you all think it's the most horrable thing in the world for me to have bought a thirdgen f-body

honeslty fellas, i've tried countless times to sell this thing, but no-one seems to want an absoutely gorgeous/pristine 3rd gen f-body. so i have decided that givin the circumstanses, im going to do the following... let me know if you approve.

since i no longer have a licence anymore, that now leaves me LOTS of money that i have nothing to spend on, and since i cant sell my t/a and cant have two cars, i have decided to go ahead and mod the thirdgen.

im either starting with a used supercharger kit, or swapping over to a maunual trannsmission (leaning towards the tranny idea since there's like NO chargers around for this thing)

so next, i'll go with a rebuild on the motor, adding things like a cam and heads to bump up the power a little bit. however, i cant decide if im going stroker or not (which would be best)

then by that time, i should have my licence back, with just enough time to enjoy it a little, then turn it out and buy a fox (we're talking within the next year)

so what do you think guys...

• Sponsors (?)

if you dont want the car DO NOT spend money on it, i cant believe you havent already noticed that what you put into that car you are never going to get back. If no body wants the car now, no body is going to want it with a manual transmission or with a s/c, and if someone does you WILL NOT get your money back. Honestly keep trying to sell the car, put it on ebay, lower the price, etc. just dont put more money into it.

mob said:
if you dont want the car DO NOT spend money on it, i cant believe you havent already noticed that what you put into that car you are never going to get back. If no body wants the car now, no body is going to want it with a manual transmission or with a s/c, and if someone does you WILL NOT get your money back. Honestly keep trying to sell the car, put it on ebay, lower the price, etc. just dont put more money into it.

Best advise right there.

mob said:
if you dont want the car DO NOT spend money on it, i cant believe you havent already noticed that what you put into that car you are never going to get back. If no body wants the car now, no body is going to want it with a manual transmission or with a s/c, and if someone does you WILL NOT get your money back.

BINGO!!

Like most other people here, i don't see the purpose in spending money on a car just to spend money?

Why don't you save up your money for something else, rather than just spend it because its there.:nonono:

mob said:
troof

well, for one, i bought it in the first place because at the time there were nothing but **** box 5.0's out on the market and they were all overpriced, so i saw this thing, and it was drop dead gorgeous, not to mention that it has all options accept fot the gta and 4wdisc.

but it DOES have the 350, not the crappy 305 like RS200 rode in. i guess its rated at 245hp/345tq at the crank, so power is not bad. the only problem, is it loses most of its power through the lack-luster 700R4 tranny. its not COMPLETELY gutless, but it aint no 5sp fox, thats for sure. but just for the record, it could definetly kill a stock aod fox, so im not dissapointed in it.

and it's not that i dont like it, i love the damn thing to death, but like i said, i would rather have a fox. and if i did sell it all modded and ****, i know i wouldn't make profit (cmon guys, we should all know this).

lol, and i would go 6speed if i can find a good enough deal, but i just haven't come across on any complete conversions yet.

so i dunno, keep the ideas coming guys