Another gear thread but a twist....

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
Hmm... well, I pulled out my 3.90's in preparation for the big engine. All I can say is wow. Now the car gets a lot better traction and it feels a lot quicker to me..because it gets to use its torque that it was just blowing past with the 3.90's. :eek:

Anyone else experience this? I am a street guy not a track guy and those are my observations. 3.27's rule!! :D

• Sponsors (?)

You guys and I are of the same mind (that's why I would be one of few on the gear threads whom would generally recommend 3.55's, which I like very much). When you go for your turbo in the future, you'll be wanting 2.73's. :D

Street guy here too. I swapped out my 3.73's for MUCH needed 4.30's with my little pump gas combo. Love love love them...:D Rev's nice and quick with the .30's, aluminum flywheel and other little light weight tricks.

Hmm... well, I pulled out my 3.90's in preparation for the big engine. All I can say is wow. Now the car gets a lot better traction and it feels a lot quicker to me..because it gets to use its torque that it was just blowing past with the 3.90's. :eek:

Anyone else experience this? I am a street guy not a track guy and those are my observations. 3.27's rule!! :D

Instead of taking gear out, put suspension in.

Adam

Instead of taking gear out, put suspension in.

Adam

Sure Adam, I am doing just that. The suspension gets installed after the body work.

These are just my talking out loud observations. I know there are many arguments for the gear too. On the hwy it was nice, at least for me. No more RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRroOOOOOOOOO ALL THE time. Just nice smooth sailing! Now I have the ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO option or turn it off - shift, lol.I like these gears for my combo! Also, I can see them for a car like my dad's Z28 with the MUCH taller 1st gear too.

Good choice on the gear, I like the 3.27's as well. Drove with them for quite some time actually.

Sure you can put suspension (drag setup) in but that sucks when you want to turn hard and hit the local auto cross....

Yeah, I hate the RRRRRRRoarrrrr as well...especially when you drive a car on the highway/i-state for 3 years. Daily driver and 'street car' are two different things on forums I have noticed.