Another speedo gear hunt

NascarFool

Jan 26, 2006
:D The speedo is off about 6 MPH. I think the gear in it now is white (might be yellow). I'm not sure what rear end gears are in it but it does have a World Class T-5 tranny.

By the way, Thanks to whom ever posted about the bad solder joints on the tach (found it using "search"). I successfully repaired the tach today. It's so nice to see that needle where it should be.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

the reason is that the trannys built after 1990 have a 8 gear driving tooth the prievios have a 7 gear tooth. this effect which speedo gear you need. also the speedo gear is effected by the rear gears in the car after all thats what you are calibrating the speedo for. one more thing. if the tires are bigger then factory (overall hieght) then this will through out the speedo and ultimatly change the rear gear ratio. larger tires would for instance make say a 3.73 rear gear ratio a say 3.68. a smaller hieght tire would make it say 3.81. just numbers im throughing out to illistate my point.

Tires= P235/45/17
RearEnd= 3.73
Tranny= #1352-246 ('94-'95 = 3.35 first gear)

I can't remember if it has a yellow or white gear installed. I think the white one is in it, I'll look around in the garage for the other one.:D

You need the white 23 tooth gear to get it close.

If you want to get it right then you are going to have to change the drive gear inside the tranny to a 6 or 7 tooth and get the correct ratio gear.