Anybody running a blower brace?? Should I?

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
I got a deal I can't pass up for a Vortech S-trim setup cheap, I noticed while it was on the car we were tightening the bolt for the tensioner, I think thats what we were doing anyway, the blower was flexing back and forth. Not alot but it was flexing, Should I get a blower brace? I only seen one ever on a stang, when I did hg's on my friend's T-trimmed notch with cog pulleys he had one and made it sturdy as anything, I'm sure they're expensive as hell but would it be worth it? Where can I get one? :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

what you need is the upgraded bracket. Vortech sells the 1/2 plate aluminum bracket for just 25 bucks more than the thin 5/16" (I think) plate provided in the kit. I have one on my ride and it will not be flexing!!

attachment.php

well i was mocking up the smog pump at the time. Took off the crossover pipe on the heads, I will most likely be making a custom fab tube to just the cats. The smog is actually underneath the huge honkin blower.

Thanks for the comments good luck with your setup

U do realize the crank brace is around 1k, if its the one from the super charger store. For that money I would sell the blower witht that money and the 1k buy this kit http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=860447

Not sure what a crank brace is but the one I'm talking about just attaches from the head unit to a few of the header bolts.

The link you left sent me to a turbo kit thread, for 3k, not 1k :shrug:

o and the rowing guy in ur sig spot is funny as hell

Not sure what a crank brace is but the one I'm talking about just attaches from the head unit to a few of the header bolts.

The link you left sent me to a turbo kit thread, for 3k, not 1k :shrug:

o and the rowing guy in ur sig spot is funny as hell

Yea I misread it, I was talking about one of those crank braces that takes some of the load off the crank. They sell for around 1k so I was saying sell the s-trim and dont buy the crank brace and get the turbo. I didnt realise you just ment a blower brace.