Anyone else fixing their annoyances?

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
My projects this week:

#1 Fix window regulator for rear vert window to go up and down.
#2 Pull door inserts and tear out the old covering that was coming off and replace with upgraded upholstery from fabric store...this is tedious...
#3 Fix annoying exhaust rattle from cat back hitting frame.
#4 Upholster the pass side airbag delete panel so that it covers the gap in the dash where it don't fit so perfect.
#5 Go buy that tool from sears to adjust my new cobra head and fog lights so they don't blind everyone.

Next:
#1 Buy high temp high flow cats to stop the stink and extreme loudness at WOT...
That's all I can think of right now.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a huge annoyance that I delt w/ all this past summer. My head unit stopped working and could not listen to CD's or the radio :mad: I'll be getting a new one when its out next spring. Also have an oil leak that may be from the same area as before or maybe not. Not going to worry about it until next spring when it comes out again. Other then that everything else is pretty good.

Yes i'm planning on fixing mine when I get a chance:

Reinstall front swaybar
Replace gas tank filler seal
Install cd player adapter kit

Then its upgrades:
4 wheel disk 5 lug kit with either black bullet wheels or 03 Cobra wheels
42lb injectors and recal'd meter

Recently fixed:
Rattle in my front suspension - UPR c/c plates are garbage, MM plates are teh win!
Front of car was 1/2" higher than back - cut 1/3 of a coil off the front.

Will fix this month:
Play in steering rack - new 03 Cobra steering rack ready to go in.

In Progress:
Can't seem to find a radiator cap that will hold 16lbs of pressure, car runs warm. :(

annoyances... hmmm

gonna start with replacing the whole car :D LOL!

need to fix:

transmission
tires
suspension
brakes

...tires are needed badly on the 18s, the suspension isnt needed to be fixed but id like to finish it... and the transmission was rebuilt but the rebuild didnt last too much longer... so now im STRONGLY debating a 5/6 speed or an actual built aode... and brakes obviously need to be done asap... hoping i get this new job as an electrical apprentice, atleast ill be comfortable then!

not an annoyance,but i need to do.
just got a stiletto2 for my b-day:banana:,but i have nowhere to mount it in my car.
i saw a center console/armrest at the JY from a 99 v6.the one with the two cup holders in place of the ashtray.black in almost new condition.
i think i may get it tomorrow.

Been trying to fix mine for dang near 30 years...and she still refuses to work!

Oh...you mean the car. Yea, I got a few of those annoyances as well. It helps working on them becuase at least I can fix those.

Not so easy with the wife.

I have a horrible squeak in the rear dash area of my car going over bumps. There are so many spot welds and different sheets of metal that I havent been able to pin point the squeak ever since I did my rear seat delete. I tried Dynamat over the whole rear dash, but it didnt work :(. Next is a new tranny that I have been slowly saving for. Could use a new midpipe too, but the latter two are more about money that actually "fixing" it.

I have a horrible squeak in the rear dash area of my car going over bumps.

Ah man, I had one of those too! soo annoying.. Turns out, the guy who tinted my windows forgot his box cutter on my speaker when he was finished. I could never find out the source because the speaker cover kept me from seeing it. Only way I found it was when I took the covers off to allow more room for cleaning the back window. :rolleyes:

Since you said it's been rattling since you put in the RSD- maybe there is a socket or something back there that you might have forgotten about?

Also- make sure the speaker box is bolted down all the way and check the bolts securing the amps.

As far as my current annoyances/projects for the winter break:

-secure catback so it doesnt rattle on bumps
-install offset rack bushings (bumpsteer is rather annoying)
-install new LCA bushing and bolt. for unknown reason the bushing is wearing away and the bolt is BENT :nonono:
-align headlights
-fix minor oil leak
-fix power steering leak
-fix power seat
-HOPEFULLY rebuild tranny, maybe replace flywheel and clutch and get a steel bearing retainer

It's going to be a long winter! Not saying I'll get it all done, but I can hope :nice:

I gave up on my car after I blew my head gasket. While I was fixing the head gaskets I had a tarp on my car that scuffed up my paint job.

Then my exhaust rattles and I have an exhaust leak where the h-pipe meets the header.

I also have a mystery coolant loss that is happening, I dont believe it is my head gasket but I think it is the front of the intake manifold since I see some wet spots. It leaks about a 1/4 gallon every month.

Transmission is leaking from the front sump seal and tailshaft seal. I need that fixed but holding out til the spring.

Other than that it runs and is decently fast when i need it to be but I dont try to beat on it anymore.