Anyone getting X-price and if so what is the price?

911man

Oct 9, 2004
Looking at getting something in the next year or so and this will be on my list of contenders. Just curious if anyone is getting x-price or is ford going to allow price gouging and end up with another Thunderbird on their hands.
Thanks,
Bill

• Sponsors (?)

yes they are doing all the plans; A, Z, D, & X. On the car I ordered (GT with Active Anti Theft, Int upgrade pkg minus the red trim, 17" machined wheels, leather seats, Mach 500 sound system, spoiler, and all the fees included) retails at $27230, dealer invoice is $25122.11, X plan is 25212.03 and A, Z, D (I'm doing the A plan) is $24098.11

Dont know exactly what you want to know about these plans.... its pretty simple; their discounts given to people that work for ford. A plan is for currently employed coorperate employees and their immediate family (2 pin numbers a year), Z plan is for retired ford employees and immediate family members (2 pins a year), D plan is for dealership employees and their immediate family (2 pins a year), and the X plan is for all of those same employees to give to other friends and family (4 pins a year) but it doesn't really matter if you are immediate family or not, it just depends on wether you know someone who is willing to give up one of their pin numbers to you. The pin numbers are assigned to each employee for each plan that they qaulify for so that for can keep track and impliment the discount. So you take that pin with you to the dealership and pick out the car you want and they punch in the pin and it comes up with a set price that was preestablished by Ford for that specific car. A, Z and D plans are usually under invoice and X plan is typically slightly above (about $100-$200 depending on car, sometimes more). Not all cars get this option, usually limited releases or sometimes brand new cars, such as the T-Bird when it came out, the Mach 1 and Bullit, but the new '05s qualify and for some reason so do the new Ford GTs. I hope this helps.

Actually I'm not sure about that last comment. According to the person that actually orders and pays for the cars at the local dealership here in San Diego (actually second largest dealership in SD) they will only getting four stangs in that they will sell on the lot at sticker price, and the rest will be those that were pre ordered, after that they are not expecting to get another one until spring, so I am not sure that demand will depreciate that much when they get the second wave. He also told me that they are planning on bringing those prices up when those come out (at least $30,000; but more likely $35,000 and thats base price [GT]). Not to mention that they still wont have convertables or Cobras yet. Of course this is just what I was told, but I have bought cars from this guy before, he is good friends with my Aunt (hooking me up with the A plan) who has worked for corporate for over 20 years, and he knows his stuff (rare at a dealership). Just a heads up.

I'll stick by the post. Every new model (with high demand) that ever comes out has similar stories being told about it. It's what I'd say if I were in the business of selling cars and wanted to make the most profit I could. (you better buy now, we don't know when the next batch will be in, those may be pre-sold too, etc.)

I said 6 to 9 months - which puts you almost into next summer. Supply will definitely catch up with demand, and when it does, prices will drop no two ways about it. Also, as the convertibles and Cobras debut - even before they debut - there are people that will say they want to wait for one of those. As soon as that happens, prices will begin to drop on those that are already built -- it's exactly what happened about 6 months ago to 2004 models left on the lots as people started saying "I'm waiting for an 05". Unbelievable the deal you can get on an '04 right now.

Lastly, not too long after the new ones start selling, they'll start selling used. People will buy them that can't afford them. Somebody's dad will drive the one their 16 year old bought, and decide it's too much car for the kid; someone will get divorced and have to sell it - the list goes on and on. As those used cars start to hit the market (at a significantly lower price than the brand new ones), that too will drive the price of the new ones down.

Just wait - the pricing for these will eventually enter the same league as the pricing on most of the rest of Ford's line up - you'll be able to negotiate a fair deal as soon as supply catches up with demand. But until that happens, it's a sellers (dealers) market. Bring your checkbook.

I got X-plan equivalent pricing by searching around through different dealers. Deal with the Internet/Fleet manager, ask about X-Plan, and if they confirm that you don't have it (my case), then make the case that you can get invoice+plus pricing from other dealers, but want to work with this dealer.

Be respectful, courteous, and tell them you are willing to keep calling dealers until you find one.

Worked for me, invoice+2%

Sorry, I should say X-plan-similar. X-plan on the mustang works out to be about $50 over invoice. I agreed to a price "not to exceed 2% over invoice" and am willing to pay the $450 over X-Plan due to the pleasant experience (i.e. no haggling) I had with the dealer, and the fact that I am not eligible for X-Plan. I am on AAA discount, however, and that might be the invoice+2%.