Are the 94-95 mustang timing covers the same as those on explorers/mountaineers?

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new timing cover for my car (I want to polish it) and I found one from an explorer that the seller assures me is the same. I have no reason to doubt him but I always double check things on my own too. From the pics I have seen they look identicle, but I wondered if anyone here knows for sure that they are the same or if anyone is using them. Please let me know ASAP with any info you have. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Is the bolt pattern for the water pump pulley different? I bought a cover and pump off e-bay and the holes in my pulleys were a smaller bolt circle than the ones in the new pump.

SorsCode said:
the pump is different. The main difference in the cover is just the provision and clearanceing for the Distributorless Ignition Setup. I'm using one on my 408W

So that means it can be used on our cars then correct?

Gibbo, what's your email address so I can email you? I'm interested! :)

Killercanary said:
So that means it can be used on our cars then correct?

Gibbo, what's your email address so I can email you? I'm interested! :)

Correct, it can be used on our 94-95 Cars.

SeventyMach1 said:
Wowzer ..... I didn't know you were doing a 408 build man. Should be awesome!

Yep, Getting close to finishing it. Just got the S-trim S/C for it. Still setting up the Coil ON Plug Ignition.

Killercanary said:
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new timing cover for my car (I want to polish it) and I found one from an explorer that the seller assures me is the same. I have no reason to doubt him but I always double check things on my own too. From the pics I have seen they look identicle, but I wondered if anyone here knows for sure that they are the same or if anyone is using them. Please let me know ASAP with any info you have. Thanks!

So what year explorers/mountaineers work? Anyone know?