I'm sure I will have lots of questions haha. I think yiur def right that building ot myself will be a big boost in prode when driving it. My only fear is I'm gonna screw up the car and then it'll end up costing me more too fox what I messed up than it would have if I just had a pro do it first...lol.
Bah! To quote the great Ozzy Osbourne, "Paranoia will destroy ya".

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well I used to have a 94 GT so I have a special place in my heart for them. I personally like the body lines on them. As for the route you should go with your newly acquired one, @Davedacarpainter gave a lot of great advice. I don't care for convertibles but you can make it respectable. Like everybody else said, SFC first. You NEED them because verts flex a lot more than cars with roofs. Suspension would be next. UPR would be the best bang for the buck and they are proven to work. UCAs, LCAs, shocks, struts, k-member kit, bumpsteer kit, caster/camber plates, etc. As for the engine, I would suggest a H/C/I package like Trickflow. I prefer AFR but like Dave said AFR doesn't offer a complete package like Trickflow and Edelbrock does.
https://lmr.com/item/TFS-K514360350/1987-93-Mustang-50L-Trick-Flow-Track-Heat-Top-End-Kit-Silver

You'll just have to add a few other things when you get that like an intake elbow(its only for 94-95 5.0s), 70mm TB, 24# injectors and bigger MAF meter calibrated for the injectors, bigger radiator, full exhaust(headers, mid pipe, and mufflers), TKO 500 transmission, nice clutch, and 3.73 gear. If you have any $$ left over upgrade the front brakes to the 13" Cobra brakes. You don't need to upgrade your electric fan in that car mine worked fine when I had mine. All this will probably eat up that $10k budget especially if you get a shop to do all the work. As a matter of fact, if you get a shop to do everything cancel that TKO 500 I put in the list. Just get a nice shifter for your T5(Steeda Tri-ax, Pro 5.0, or MGW). Oh yeah, and a get it tuned on a dyno to get every bit of HP you can get out of the combo. And after all that you'll need sticky tires. :D :burnout:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention bigger fuel pump(255lph or 340lph) and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a '95 GT, and actually like the body style / engine combo. I would throw a vortech on it with supporting mods, 13" Cobra front brake kit, Cobra front bumper, some lowering springs and shocks, 18X9 wheels up front / 18X10.5 wheels out back, sub frame connectors, and done. Some go, some stop, some stiffening, and some style. Your trans and clutch should last you a bit depending on how you drive, and if you like dumping the clutch or not. If you can handle more cruising type driving, with rolling into the power in higher gears, then your T-5 will be fine if there are no unforeseen problems with it. When you get more cash back in the bank, then get a trans and new clutch.

From a quick Google search, here is an example with pretty inexpensive 18" Saleen replica wheels, a Cobra front bumper, and lowered. Doesnt take a bunch of money to make them look clean, and with a Vortech and some decent brakes and an Eibach lowering kit (dont skimp on struts/shocks), you will have a nice little car. This one is not a vert, but whatever.

SN95_zpsd5jnvpk7.jpg

Of course, this is just my opinion. Wheels are always subjective, but I was trying to give you as close to the total package within $10K of modding.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm going to say drive it and don't throw money away on it. People have spent a lot of money on Foxes in the past and the original ones are where the value lies now. You have a $4K car. Throw $10K at it, you maybe have a $5000 car. In a few years, the unmodified car will be worth more than the modified car.