Beauty or the beast?

ttop88

Mar 12, 2007
indiana
Ok guy's. I have a decision to make and it's making me nuts. I want a new play thing. I set myself a budget and have found two drasticly differant candidates. First up is beauty. White lx hatch Nice paint, good shape overall. Interior is red, very nice shape. Car is all stock under hood except for a cone filter. Aod car with art carr hardened input shaft and converter, Bauman engineering valve body. It has shorty headers off road h and flows.Sn95 brakes front and rear disks and lowered. With this I come in $500 under budget.
View attachment 348239
Next up The beast: It's my old capri. 84 capri rs. Body and paint are both crap. Interior was redone before I got rid of it. However I will haft to get front seats again.(New owner did not fit comfortably in racing seats) Inside is all black and is very presentable. Eibach drag launch kit, factory five control arms, battle boxes. Aluminum driveshaft and flywheel. Sn95 conversion, 99 anniversary wheels. 90/10's 50/50's. Full kenny brown subs, jacking rails, and matrix brace. 4.10s. Engine is a 308 with trackheat heads anderson n21 cam and a stealth intake.Drivetrain has less than 2000 miles on them. This option is $1500 under my budget.
View attachment 348241
So what would you do?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

3 to 4 in favor of the capri. I figured it would be split pretty even. I am torn. Seats and body and paint for the capri will cost me another 3grand. With that being said a h/c/i combo will put ya back $2500. Then you need injectors, air meter and more and more and more. You get my point.