bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347

still married haven't seen testicles in years
15 Year Member
Jun 7, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Ok, got it all wired up (ish, need to solder some stuff and tuck things away) and I set the LC-2 outputs both to the same settings so that the MS and the gauge show the same things. I changed the setting under Fuel Settings - EGO Control - Sensor Type to single wide band, 1st EGO sensor port is set to local, I calibrated the AFR table with the LC-2 Sensor settings and my AFR table is pre-populated with the base mustang tune that came on the box. I did have the car batter disconnected for hours while working on this stuff and now my idle is at like 2k when I started it up where it was at like 800 before I added the wideband. Attached is a short log, and my tune, any help here would be appreciated.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    107.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 2016-05-06_14.52.30.msl
    130.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, got it all wired up (ish, need to solder some stuff and tuck things away) and I set the LC-2 outputs both to the same settings so that the MS and the gauge show the same things. I changed the setting under Fuel Settings - EGO Control - Sensor Type to single wide band, 1st EGO sensor port is set to local, I calibrated the AFR table with the LC-2 Sensor settings and my AFR table is pre-populated with the base mustang tune that came on the box. I did have the car batter disconnected for hours while working on this stuff and now my idle is at like 2k when I started it up where it was at like 800 before I added the wideband. Attached is a short log, and my tune, any help here would be appreciated.
Let me get home I will get ya all fixed up.:nice:

Let me get home I will get ya all fixed up.:nice:

Actually the google helped me figure it out, I forgot that I changed the valve mode from inverted to normal... I changed it back to inverted and now it idles and revs fine. Here's a new data log, longer, with revs.

Attachments

• 2016-05-06_15.52.40.msl
    305 KB · Views: 183
Actually the google helped me figure it out, I forgot that I changed the valve mode from inverted to normal... I changed it back to inverted and now it idles and revs fine. Here's a new data log, longer, with revs.
Cool really it all depends on which valve you have some of them work backwards with the mega squirt now you will probably have to try and in normal mode once you go to Adaptive idle control right now I believe you're still using warm up mode correct I'm still driving I haven't had a chance to look at any of your data logs

Cool really it all depends on which valve you have some of them work backwards with the mega squirt now you will probably have to try and in normal mode once you go to Adaptive idle control right now I believe you're still using warm up mode correct I'm still driving I haven't had a chance to look at any of your data logs

No worries, I can't do much more with it tonight as I have to get cleaned up and go to the store and go to uncle's house for dinner. I will have time tomorrow after yard work.

So, the other thing I noticed, when viewing the AFR on my laptop in the logs it seemed (I could have been seeing the target table) to be around 14ish at idle but my gauge shows idle is in the 11's. Not sure which one is correct... but I'd assume the gauge if I was looking at the target table?

The afr table is the target table.

To see what the afr is after a drive you must data log and view it there. I posted a short video of the magalog viewer in this thread.

On your dashboard you can set custom fields as well. (That's the screen with the gauges) you can set afr and target afr along with any other field you may think is necessary.

No worries, I can't do much more with it tonight as I have to get cleaned up and go to the store and go to uncle's house for dinner. I will have time tomorrow after yard work.

So, the other thing I noticed, when viewing the AFR on my laptop in the logs it seemed (I could have been seeing the target table) to be around 14ish at idle but my gauge shows idle is in the 11's. Not sure which one is correct... but I'd assume the gauge if I was looking at the target table?
you do not have the wb set up in the tools section my friend. you need to go into tools and set up the "calibrate afr table" setting your wb is not communicating with the ms at the moment. until you can actually see an AFR reading on the ms, ONLY TRUST THE GAUGE!!!!!!!.......

Your AFR table will work fine for now until you find out where the car likes to cruise at then lean those areas out to at least 14.7 to 15 afr.. If you have any kind of cam in the car you will find that it will like to idle around 13.6-13.4 afr 14 is pushing it and may cause stall issues.

you do not have the wb set up in the tools section my friend. you need to go into tools and set up the "calibrate afr table" setting your wb is not communicating with the ms at the moment. until you can actually see an AFR reading on the ms, ONLY TRUST THE GAUGE!!!!!!!.......

Your AFR table will work fine for now until you find out where the car likes to cruise at then lean those areas out to at least 14.7 to 15 afr.. If you have any kind of cam in the car you will find that it will like to idle around 13.6-13.4 afr 14 is pushing it and may cause stall issues.

I did calibrate the AFR, twice.... setting it to the Innovate LC-1/LC-2 default setting and writing to controller. I did that with the key on, engine off... should it have been running?

I did calibrate the AFR, twice.... setting it to the Innovate LC-1/LC-2 default setting and writing to controller. I did that with the key on, engine off... should it have been running?
Then it should be ok..... hmm under the files section? (Where you save/load) there is a dashboard option where you can make a custom gauge setup. You need to add a afr gauge that reads from the wb. (Some of the settings I cannot see when opening a temp file with your msq.) For me to make those changes for you I would need access to your pc via team viewer, but I'm sure you will get it figured out.

If you don't, I get home around 7pm est. and I can walk you through it. Maybe I will make a "seting up your ms" video.

Thanks Steve, today is shot for me. Have to help my Dad serve a party of 40 at his winery, then a Birthday party at my uncle's house. I'll double check that when I get home, but was more asking about what I see in the logs as far as the AFR the WB saw... Shouldn't I be able to see it in log viewer after the fact?

Thanks Steve, today is shot for me. Have to help my Dad serve a party of 40 at his winery, then a Birthday party at my uncle's house. I'll double check that when I get home, but was more asking about what I see in the logs as far as the AFR the WB saw... Shouldn't I be able to see it in log viewer after the fact?
You should if it's set up correctly. I cannot see see it on your log which tells me something is wrong.

Ok, I had a few minutes to jack with it... I confirmed the LC-2 analog outputs are both configured the same for the gauge and the one I wired into pin 29 on the harness. I also yesterday upgraded to the registered version of TS and Mega Log viewer. I connected to the MSPNP with the ignition on but engine off and made sure to calibrate the AFR and set it to the proper device again. I then started the car and let it run, data logged it, and confirmed in the TS gauge view that it is seeing the same AFR now as the gauge...

In the log viewer, I don't know how to make it show me the actual AFR it saw though as it only shows up as the voltage (which tells me it IS seeing it and logging it) but the AFR view seems to be showing me the target and not the actual data it saw. Thoughts? More than likely I just don't know the TS and LV software well enough yet.

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to finish buttoning up all the wires and clean up the interior, but with it being mothers day I'm not sure that'll happen. Once it's all put back together inside I'll take it for a drive and data log it, the gauge looks like it's fairly rich and on the safe side under throttle so I'm not worried about hurting it, it's NA anyways (details in signature).

Attachments

• 2016-05-07_17.10.15.msl
    728.3 KB · Views: 184
... did you set the AFR and Voltage up in the tools section?????? you need to make sure that the voltage has a afr reference. Plz double check this, I probably sound like a broken record here but we are missing a step somewhere in the software. I made a walkthrough video but it does not go over the calibration functions, once it uploads I will post it for you and try to get one for the cal functions.

did you physically scroll down the options and select the wb controller from the list or did you use the "default" setting for the lc1??? you must scroll down and select the controller and confirm that the afr and voltage settings in the boxes below are setup to the ranges specified in the lc1 manual. If this does not work we need to do it "live" over the phone.

Last edited:
... did you set the AFR and Voltage up in the tools section?????? you need to make sure that the voltage has a afr reference. Plz double check this, I probably sound like a broken record here but we are missing a step somewhere in the software. I made a walkthrough video but it does not go over the calibration functions, once it uploads I will post it for you and try to get one for the cal functions.

did you physically scroll down the options and select the wb controller from the list or did you use the "default" setting for the lc1??? you must scroll down and select the controller and confirm that the afr and voltage settings in the boxes below are setup to the ranges specified in the lc1 manual. If this does not work we need to do it "live" over the phone.

In the drop down, there is a list of known WB controllers and their default settings, I selected the one for the LC1/LC2 default settings as I have an LC2 which is set to the defaults... I'll make a video of me doing it and post it later, I'm off to mother's day brunch. Mimosas will help me.

In the drop down, there is a list of known WB controllers and their default settings, I selected the one for the LC1/LC2 default settings as I have an LC2 which is set to the defaults... I'll make a video of me doing it and post it later, I'm off to mother's day brunch. Mimosas will help me.
Forget the video, I will pm you my number so we can get you setup. Don't think your the only one with this problem I have seen it before.

Ok, I watched a few minutes of your video earlier when I had a couple of minutes and will finish now but I see where you added the AFR gauge and did the same and I can confirm the TS program gauge sees the same thing as the Innovate WB gauge, so it is working and seen by MS.

That said, I've attached another log of it which I CAN see the AFR in there and it seems pretty rich and idles in the 11's and my idle surge is still there till it gets up to temp, then it only surges 100 or so RPM which I can live with.

Attachments

• 2016-05-09_15.40.47.msl
    589.2 KB · Views: 185
@bird_dog0347 please post a new copy of your tune file. I still cannot see your AFR in the datalog.

It's in there, I see it on my gauge in TS with the car running and as well in the MLV program after when I selected AFR for the graph. There's no other O2 sensor connected anywhere other than the WB so it has to be working from there and it does match the gauge. I also noticed while watching the rest of your video your program had some slightly different options in a few of the drop downs but it could have been based on some other settings I might not have enabled. Either way, it wasn't exactly like mine... And I'm using the registered version just FYI.

Here's my current tune. I need to get the wires cleaned up and stuff so I can take it for a drive hopefully tonight and get a data log while driving.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    108.7 KB · Views: 208
OK I got it to work, had to reconfigure things on my end. your tune needs a lot of help. This can be accomplished one of two ways I can either do it for you OR I can help you do it. Either way it needs to be done BEFORE you drive that car. based on your sig its way too nice to mess up.