Black '03 Cobra Wheels or Black Saleen Wheels?

I'm in the process of de-uglying (is that a word?) my Mustang. I have a laser red 2001 GT, and I'm trying to decide whether to go with black '03 cobra wheels or black saleen wheels.

What are your thoughts? Post pics if you have 'em!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in the process of de-uglying (is that a word?) my Mustang. I have a laser red 2001 GT, and I'm trying to decide whether to go with black '03 cobra wheels or black saleen wheels.

What are your thoughts? Post pics if you have 'em!

I prefer the 03 Cobra rims but that's just me, even though the Saleen rims are nice too. Tough choice to make :shrug:

black wheels are hard to pull off. My car pulls it over nicely i think only because of the tint. But my car is also true blue. I think only certain colors can really pull off black rims, and red isnt one. I think you should look into some machined 03 Cobras or saleens that would look good.

Black wheels aren't that great looking IMO. You lose the nice look you get from clean, shiny wheels. Instead they are lost to all the black of the tires and dark wheel wells. If I were you, I'd go chrome or silver on a Laser Red car. Black rims FTL!

If you want something a bit different...

http://www.wheelmax.com/wheelcolors.asp?CtgId=13144&color=Hyper Light or
http://www.wheelmax.com/wheelcolors.asp?CtgId=13144&color=Hyper Dark

IMO black wheels are hard to pull off. I would go with chrome, polished, machined look, or at the darkest a hypercoat or MAYBE a black chrome.

AFS also makes some nice looking wheels www.afswheels.com and they have lots of eBay.

Benny,
Do you have any experience w/ these wheels??? or have any pics of them on a mustang??? The 35mm offset seems to me that it would be inset from the fenderwell quite a bit IMO.

I think this car pulls off black wheels very well. It makes it look sinister. But i agree, its hard to make it look right.

DSC00031.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 352
I don't like that black car one bit. It's a mess. 03 Cobra wing. 00 R nose, 04 Mach shaker and hood, Saleen wheels, god knows what side skirts, Cobra badges (who knows what it really is). That car looks confused, and it has no 'pop' to it. it's all blacked out like a cop car or something.