BOOM it finally broke

• Sponsors (?)

hehe the JB ain't gonna fix this one, I'm missing peices!

Sad to say but I'm going back N/A if anything. Selling the blower and pms, gonna slap together a 347 or something similar and beat on it at the track. Can't afford it all, errr at least that's what the wife says.

good idea, and I have considered it. BUt I'm done with this stuff. I was able to go mid 10's with my junk and of course fast is never fast enough. The more and more I put into this car the more and more I hate it. I just wanna put something in that I can have fun with again and not worry that my 500+ hp stock block is gonna split again. Dart build $5000+ = unhappy wife. Gotta send the kids to school with food in their lunches.

And if the stuff doesn't sell, maybe I will box it all up, push the car into the corner and wait a year or two.

I beat the crap out of this engine for three years, 100+ passes on it at WOT redline of 6400, 10lbs of boost and never gave me a lick of problems.

I can't wait to pull this thing to see inside, it ain't gonna be pretty.

If your heads are good, i'd suggest throwing a stock shortblock in it so you can still enjoy it, building another stroker, stock block or aftermarket, is gonna be expensive.

Sorry to hear about the motor, what rods in it?

Don't overreact man. Find another running stock shortblock for less than $500 and throw everything you're already got back together on it. Then drive it for years again.

Don't overreact man. Find another running stock shortblock for less than $500 and throw everything you're already got back together on it. Then drive it for years again.

i wish i did that when i blew my old motor up sometimes. I love the car the way it is now, but the blower was alot of fun on the street, and i never got a good pass out of it at the track

Well, buddy... You and I have been the way of the massively expensive over-build. It's amazing that the lesson learned, despite the fact that people look at what we've built with awe, is that cheap and simple is more fun than stupid power with stupid expense.

That said, it's too late for me to turn around. So I'm going to keep building until I finish the car. At least I can say that the motor build is finished.

Well, buddy... You and I have been the way of the massively expensive over-build. It's amazing that the lesson learned, despite the fact that people look at what we've built with awe, is that cheap and simple is more fun than stupid power with stupid expense.

That said, it's too late for me to turn around. So I'm going to keep building until I finish the car. At least I can say that the motor build is finished.
Me to. Just over 6 thou for a short block and rebuilding the heads! But my wifes dad used to race in circles so she is very understanding of what it cots to build things like this. Found a good one this time around:D

I used to have dreams of insane forced-induction aftermarket block combos, but hearing you guys talk like this leads me more and more into thinking I should just build a stock-block something and be done with it. A stock block NA 408 can easily put you in the 10s on pump gas in a full weight car, and a turbo'd or supercharger 302 could do the same, or at least bottom 11s.