Bought Synthetic Blend oil... now debating if i should put it in..

Lynx331

Jan 5, 2004
Chicago IL
Hey guys, its time for an oil change on my 5.0 and i decded to try a syn blend, i didnt want to go for a full syn because i have almost 140,000 on the motor. I bought Motorcraft Syn Blend, was bad 1.99qt, cheaper than my regular castrol. Should i put it in my car? If something was to happen, whats the worst thing that could happen to my engine? Leaks??? I really dont know what to do here guys. Please help me. Is there any advantage for me to use this oil???

• Sponsors (?)

Synthetic blend oils are a big scam.Your lucky if it contains 5-10% synthetic oil.The rest is dino oil.

Oil companies rake in the dough on this stuff.Some people assume it`s 50% synthetic/50% dino.

I guess I`ve read too much evidence on the contrary,regarding "blends",to ever purchase them.
Go for the full synthetics.

Well, I like to go by the belief that if a gasket or something needs replacing, then replace it. If you develop a leak somewhere after you run the synth. oil, then just replace whatever leaks.. especially don't worry about it if you're pulling the engine soon. As said above, it's a blend, so leaks should be minimal anyways.

And just to let you know, you said you wanted to stay away from full synthetic because of 140k.. I recently swapped my wife's Jeep ZJ over to Mobil 1 full synthetic.. at 167k :) .. no leaks. :)