Buddies engine bay I smoothed up! lotsa pics

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I got a couple pics of my friends 85 GT that I finished the engine bay in this summer. His parents left and took the camera before I primed it, but it is going to be getting painted on sunday and hopefully should come out pretty good. Here's some pre-primer pics. Its gonna be a pretty nasty car when its finally done. The best of everything is going into this car.

thebay.jpg

View attachment 440529
thebay5.jpg

View attachment 440533
View attachment 440536
View attachment 440538
When we got to my friends house in the morning, the power was out. So I had to work for two and a half hours in the dark with Asher and his mom pointing flashlights on the work. lol. Then his Grandma came out and told us we couldnt use her flashlights for that, so then I had a candle and two minutes later the power came back on, hallelujah!
View attachment 440540
View attachment 440542
View attachment 440544
and after a long day, I just stared at it lol.
View attachment 440546 I hope to have some finished pics up soon.

• Sponsors (?)

FarBeyondDriven said:
Working by candlelight? that is some ****in dedication right there!!!!!

hahah, i was home for the weekend, we had planned for like 3 weeks that it HAD to get primed that day, so we had to work in the candle light, its real hard to do body work when you really cant see what your doing lol.

well, when we started the project, I was just going to weld up the factory holes, box the frame rail and leave it at that, then one of my friends gave us the idea to weld in the side plates. Then after we welded in the side plates, I said lets do the firewall and the rad support, then we welded the panel behind the headlights closed. Ground down the welds, put a coat of fiberglass filler down, then after that used Bondo "Ultimate". I was really surpized, the ultimate stuff flows really nice, its real nice stuff. Once everything was straight, I did a complete skim coat with finishing plastic (Metal Glaze) and finished everything off with 320 grit for a niiiice, smoooooth, scratch free surface. It looked really nice with the primer was all shiny on it. Color flies at 0900 on sunday I can't wait to see it finished! oh btw, all the welding was done with a little lincoln flux core (non gas) welder. heheh it took some getting used to.

Strype said:
Cool necklaces! I can't find those anymore... ever since grunge left they did away with all my cool bead and hemp necklaces :fuss:

Dang youngins and their pink shirts!!!

PS: Nice job :)

I dont know where my necklaces came from, I usually forget that I have them. lol My mom brings them home from time to time, as long as it is not gold or silver or anything of that bling bling stuff I'll wear it. lol

MAC'n89Blckstng said:
I dont know where my necklaces came from, I usually forget that I have them. lol My mom brings them home from time to time, as long as it is not gold or silver or anything of that bling bling stuff I'll wear it. lol

She doesnt work at a morgue, does she? :nonono:

Yea, its the first BIG project I've done. I hope to be able to find a shop when i get out of school around here that does stuff like that, I love welding and I absolutely LOVE painting and doing body work. Pics of it painted will be up on here sunday night. I psyched and so is my buddy. He's going to have a MSD Box and a MSD coil mounted on the drivers side panel, and the other side is going to have his aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator, and aeromotive fuel filter. Its gonna be a rea bad ass car. He's getting bear brakes, 10th anniversary 03 Cobra wheels in silver. its gonna be one of the hottest four eyes out there. I cant wait till its done.