Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

Guys. in your opinion, a car thats got skinnys on the front and drag radials out back. will not be a corner cutter. straight line car but will be drove on the streets and probably raced a bit on the street.

take the front sway bar off or leave it?

• Sponsors (?)

the 16th i will be painting this thing....
prep.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
that's the boat I'm in too :-( but I have a asphalt driveway and a car port covering the car. hopefully I will be able to get back at it in a couple weeks if the weather finally gets and stays warm here in NJ. And I was thinking of getting one of those temp garages/shed tent thing for like 150.00 for HF to paint it in... ;-) same thing, don't need/want a show car...

you sure can, set autotune to advanced, set the rpm threshold to 1200 so it does not mess with the idle range. difficulty set to normal drive it real easy for the first few miles. look at the VE table, blend the table out a bit, set difficulty to hard... rinse, repeat.
this will get you started

Well.. yesterday i took the car out of the garage. hooked the lap top up to it and let it go through the warm up cycle. it starts up and everything pretty good. idles good.

had a few little leaks here and there i had to fix BUT i did get to take her on her maiden voyage yesterday. i drove it for about 5 mins and let it auto tune the whole time and it really didnt drive to bad, i didnt get into any boost yet but i want to get the lower driving tables pretty well ironed out before i go puting this thing into boost.

hopefully ill get some time this weekend to drive it some more. my wife made me buy a bunch of landscaping stuff to do too ............ FML

Reactions: 2 users