Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

• Sponsors (?)

will do man. i was thinking about just driving for a few hours on it. letting it auto tune and then taking the lap top back home and just kind of looking at the numbers and blending them more or less if that works. but the upper KPA i will have you look at.

i was also watching some videos on data

logging and alot of guys say they will go out make three pulls come back look at the data log and then see where the AFR is compared to KPA and just make small adjustments till they like it.

im pretty sure you set all my timing tables up too already

Yeah I set you up already. I don't use autotune much at all, I take datalogs and build a histogram that shows the fuel trim error so the fuel map can be properly adjusted.
It's what they do just takes 1/100 of the time and is more accurate. You know actually using the software to its fullest. Lol

HELP! I have oil in my intake . Buff blue smoke. Oil restrictor? Or what else could it be? I have a catch can on the car it’s seeping out of the lower intake gasket in the intake
931C3F95-38E0-4DC0-8804-D982B6AA42B6.jpeg

Edelbrock intakes have an issue with the lower intake and the splash shield for the pcv valve. They are about half the size of the stock one. I had to run a filter between the pcv valve and the intake to keep the oil out

Soooooo I took the charge pipe off and the tb is dry as a bone as far down as I can see. That’s good I guess

There’s no big line off the intake that goes to a vacuume block I took that off it’s dry. Took all the lines off the vacuume block off and they are dry......

Now. I started looking at the plate on the horn of the intake and it was missing a bolt. Upon more inspection EVERY bolt on the plate was loose I took the whole plate off with my fingers. Not good. So I took the plate off and it is saturated with oil..... wondering wtf is going on here
EB02CB9F-EE06-42BE-86F0-B087CBACC873.jpeg

Could be residual oil in the intake manifold. Remove the upper and clean it thoroughly, check the lower and retorque the lower manifold bolts for good measure. If you can look down the lower runners to look for oil buildup. Was this intake used? The leaking plenum gasket could be allowing the oil to be pulled up into the runners.

Yeah i bought the intake of a reputable mustang guy here in town.... but the intake has been sitting a while. im gonna get a bolt tonight from the farm store for the one that fell out and i actually have another gasket for the plate.

so i leaking gasket will pull oil up into the runners? thats intersting..

so i got everything put back together.... seems to be doing alright. re gasketed the plate. tightened the lower intake down a bit. took it for a drive and it ran alright. trying to get some auto tuning done.... my wide band was off a little bit so im trying to get that thing closer than what it was... its about .3 or so off. sometime better.

SPEEDOMETER question

I have a 140mph speedo in my car. when im doing 65ish it read 40MPH the car had 410s in it before i swapped to a 3.27. do i just need to buy a 327 speedo gear for the transmission or do i need something special for this 140mph gauge. i may be wrong but if i remember right i thought most of these cars only went up to 85mph