bumper shaving/filling

onlyme

May 9, 2003
missouri
Has anyone else ever thought about this? Filling the reflectors or letters on the bumper for a smooth look? I did a search here,the corral, a couple other mustang sites and found this. Its a new edge ,but I think it(bumper) looks good.

View attachment 335554

There was also these instructions,I thought was a pretty good write up on how to.

1) sand letters with 80/100 grit
2) kitty hair a thin layer, make sure to mix it well. mix it until you think it's overkill, then mix more. trust me. when you spread it, use a spreader and do not let it get too thick per coat, and don't let gobs or highs/lows dry... keep it as thin and uniform as possible.
3) sand with 80 grit and get it as even as possible.
4) repeat 2 and 3 until flush with rest of bumper.
5) sand about 1" all around the letters down and apply regular bondo but very thinly to get any tiny crevaces (sp?) between kitty hair fibers.
6) sand again
7) use body filler icing for the last coat and coat about an inch or two around the letters to not give the filled in areas a chance to look uneven. by reaching out to the surrounding area of the bumper, you are both preventing highs/lows and strengthening the letters.
8) prep for paint and paint

• Sponsors (?)