Resolved Close to solving rough cold & hot idle, I think, but not sure how to move ahead

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
  • Sponsors (?)

Strype,

Few questions:
1) Can you detail on how to "reset your computer"?
2) Post #1: "I did set my base idle and a vacuum leak along the way while working through the checklists on the site but now I am kinda stuck." - Did you just miss that?
3) jrichker is pretty savvy tech wise and goes above and beyond to help folks here so I'd ease up a little.
4) What good is soapy water (we refer to it as snoop in the oil and gas world) going to do on a vaccum leak? Vaccum will not create bubbles so the OP's car will just be sucking in soapy water into the intake. You typically use carburetor spray and the rpm's will increase where the engine sucks in the spray.

Strype,

Few questions:
2) Post #1: "I did set my base idle and a vacuum leak along the way while working through the checklists on the site but now I am kinda stuck." - Did you just miss that?
3) jrichker is pretty savvy tech wise and goes above and beyond to help folks here so I'd ease up a little.
4) What good is soapy water (we refer to it as snoop in the oil and gas world) going to do on a vaccum leak? Vaccum will not create bubbles so the OP's car will just be sucking in soapy water into the intake. You typically use carburetor spray and the rpm's will increase where the engine sucks in the spray.

I just read your post... Thoroughly.
1) Unplug it.
2) You set a vacuum leak to check for a vacuum leak. What? I don't know. Breezed through it. Now not worth my time. Bite the hand that feeds. I don't call people out for trying to help. It's a ****ish move.
3) Jrichker is a Mustang God. Ease up on what? I had a similar problem once. It illuded everyone. Sorry I tried to help. Don't rely on it in the future.
4) Wow. Ok. Good luck in life and God bless you and yours. :)

Last edited:
Jrichker has saved me and a bunch of guys I know a lot of time and headache.

Ignorance is expensive. Either you'll settle down and pay attention, you'll pay someone to fix it, or someone in the mustang world will gladly pay for whatever good parts are left on your car when you get overwhelmed.

Reactions: 1 user
Strype,

Few questions:
Just hit me. You got short saled. Lmfao