Clutch cable suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

Ran E4ZZ-7K553-A last night. Showed one dealer having one left. Sent an email requesting pricing and shipping costs. Got a response back within a couple of hours. Here is their response:

New reproduction cable is $75
New NOS Ford cable is $395
plus $10 shipping.

Regards, Gary NOS Parts Source 913-220-5746
and that's why my nos cable sits in a box with other nos parts lol. $395.

The repo stock cable from the ford racing kit is 25 ish shipped from blueovalindustries probably what I'd use if needed.. He just redid his site so might be a tad higher like some other price increases. He parts out the HD clutch kits from what I can tell.

The recovered material is a lost freight, or liquidation stamp... See that alot on auction stuff.. I bought a box of black repo door speaker covers with that stamped on the outside recently... 7 sets for the cost of one.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
I just put in a steeda non adjustable with their quadrant and firewall adjuster and all I’ve got to say is that I wish I would’ve done it 4 years ago when I got the car. It actually feels better than my s550. Now I really wish I could get my hands on a mm cable. Bye bye cool blue performance junk

Reactions: 1 user
Alright, you boys talked me into it.

IMG-20230615-WA0000.jpeg

Paid $225 shipped. Will try and snap comparisons b/w it, the MM & the Steeda for @Noobz347's new cable thread.

• Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
I know this is the Fox sub forum, but after just acquiring a '04 Comp OR GT - this is one of the best clutch cable discussions I've found that wasn't almost a decade old. My '04 GT only has 97K on the clock (actually less - last owner had it 15 yrs. Original owner installed Vortech -found signs of install - when newish. Last owner acquired at 50K. Speedo was uncorrected. So in reality it has 85K on the clock IF the original owner ever corrected the speedo). Regardless PO did NO mods. So all mods are from original owner. So the car has a firewall adjuster (not sure of brand) and an aftermarket quadrant. Clutch works fine. Pedal effort is stupid. And this coming from a guy who dealt with 80s performance clutches with mechanical linkage. I've adjusted a few times. No slippage etc - put way too much effort.

That long-winded intro aside, of course the consensus is 'FORD OEM Cable'. Text my buddy who gets me Ford parts at cost. Comes back with "Discontinued." So the search starts. After some bourbon I made the mistake of dipping my toe into the cesspool of Facebook Mustang groups. Was told by an internet expert to "just buy an oem cable". When I let him know it was discontinued, he replied with "I just bought one at NAPA a few weeks ago." - I guess his idea of OEM and mine are different. I blame bourbon.

I ran across a Ford Racing Adjustable on Amazon 'open box' for $19. Why not. (Bourbon still active). Get it - and either some Mustang owner put their old busted cable in the box (adjustable) or they BUTCHERED this one and returned it (cable frayed etc). So back it went.

Found this thread. Just ordered the Steeda. We'll see. I need to get the cable situation squared away before I order my MGW (Pro 5.0 or other 15+ year old shifter installed - short stick. I'm 6'3" with ape arms and have to reach WAY too far to shift this thing).

Anyway, after all that - thanks. I'll report back once the Steeda is installed. The S550 I sold last year (dealer paid me more than I paid brand new after 3 years of abusing / I mean driving it - couldn't say no) had a few Steeda parts and I was impressed with them, so here's hoping the cable is worth it.

1 - Where did you find it for $225 shipped? I only see it for $249....
2 - Any opinions on it yet? On first glance, does it look like it's worth the extra moolah, vs a Steeda cable?
Most of eBay sellers know there stuffs priced high and send "discounted" offers when you add it to watched listings. Plus there's other places to buy not easily found online, just have to know where to look for NOS stuff. i got mine from a shop closing that was just old stock. Pretty sure most ppl watching eBay listings do it just to see if it sells lol.