Cut line to fuel tank help

Fcortes795

Jun 6, 2024
New Jersey
Hi guys, I had to replace my fuel pump and in the process I could not remove the line at the goes from tank to the hard line behind the tank . The fuel line tool would not disengage the line! I had to cut the hard line . My question is can I use a rubber hose to splice the hard lines together with clamps? Will it hold with the new pump? The car is a 86 LX carbuerated V6. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Sponsors (?)

You have a carbed v6 so it doesn't need high pressure . If you flare the ends of the lines ,use the fuel injection rubber fuel line should hold with fuel injection hose clamps.
This is my two cents worth of opinion, but worth a shot.

Reactions: 1 user
Just get a 5/16” (feed line) or 1/4” (return line) compression union from the parts store. Ran them on my Coupe for years when I swapped it to a V8. Had to cut the fuel lines in half to get them around the subframe connectors. Wasn’t willing to remove some of the drive train to not cut them.

This is if you cut the hard line where a union will work. If not then go with the injection type rubber hose and clamps.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I used a rubber fuel line hose and two clamps on a broken fuel line on my Supra and it held up with no issues.

However, I was a starving artist back then. Today, I would replace the line(s) because I can afford too.

Check the website below. They specialize in this stuff. Also, according to a rep I spoke with, they also do custom work. If you don't see it call them.

The rear brake rear line broke on my 94 ranger (30 year old truck) and I knew I was going to have a hard time finding a replacement part and have to make my own lines, yet this company had both rear lines in stock. I was surprised they had the brake lines for such an old truck.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user