Progress Thread Darkfader's 93 Gt Progress - Back to work

Hey gents,

Things began to pile up on me and I had to step away from the project for a while. I’ve got a renewed desire to get some work done on this thing so I put a wrench on a few bolts today.

I was able to square away pushrod length. 7.200” leaves a tiny mark in the dry erase marker dead center of the top of the valve stem. Also P-V clearance was on the money so I feel safe with this setup.

Then I disassembled everything to notch the cylinder skirts to clear the rod cap bolts. Should be plenty of room in there now. I’ll drop off the entire rotating assembly along with damper and flywheel for balancing tomorrow.

Cleaned and spritzed with WD40 and shrink wrapped while I wait on the parts to get back from balancing.

IMG_1930.jpeg

IMG_1931.jpeg

IMG_1932.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Weld a large washer on then weld a large nut on top of it..

I’m actually considering doing Scott Rod panels but I’d like to end up with my air filter in the fender so I’m still debating this part of the project. Honestly, that feels like so far away at this point, it’s sort of irrelevant at this stage in the game.

Regardless I’m pretty sure I’ll be smoothing some of the engine bay while I have it this far apart.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m actually considering doing Scott Rod panels but I’d like to end up with my air filter in the fender so I’m still debating this part of the project.

I have an alternative for you to consider and it may workout with your panels too:

and

You get the accessibility of the filter and MAF still being in the engine bay without the hot engine bay air or fan wash.

Reactions: 1 user