dmarstrokers progress thread...

Alright guys so I dont really post here a lot I usually just browse around threads just checking them out. So to start off the stang is really not worthy of posting pics of how it looks but I went ahead and threw some pictures of how it looks like right now in the slideshow (they're more for like the 'before pics'). The reason I have an lx front bumper is because I had a saleen front valance but it rubbed up front quite a bit so I took it off. So far my plan is to have it painted sonic blue within the next two months since I've been holding back for awhile telling this to myself. And yes those are 17x10.5's (that will be going in the rear) and I understand that it will be a 'tight' fit in the rear but I have the inner fender BEAT in quite a bit already and rolled the fender lips, and if I need to run 1/4 inch spacers, then so be it I'll do anything to make them fit but yet not make them stick out past the fender. This thursday I will have the upper and lower control arms installed as well as a maximum motorsport panhard bar for the rear which will help keep the differential from moving side to side and less tire rub from when I will have the 10.5's in the rear with 315 nitto DR :D

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/dmarstroker/?action=view&current=4bb75747.pbw

• Sponsors (?)

looks like you spent quite a bit of money this winter...get out in that garage and get them on that car! with that kit and sonic blue it should look sick...nice wheel choice by the way! :nice:

jim

I know man I cant wait to throw everything on it! I've had the cobra conversion kit in my room since last summer and just seeing it lay there is sad. And I LOVE the 03 cobra replicas, your ride is pretty sick. Your stang wont be that much different from mine (in the future) except for the color and rear bumper. And after you lowered your car it looks ten times better! :nice:

Unreal man! You have a ton of stuff to put on!! I like your selection on all of your parts actually. Quality top notch stuff....

I have always wanted to say it, but havent yet.... You have, should I say, different tastes than your friends...:shrug:

Of course I like your taste better:nice:

Unreal man! You have a ton of stuff to put on!! I like your selection on all of your parts actually. Quality top notch stuff....

I have always wanted to say it, but havent yet.... You have, should I say, different tastes than your friends...:shrug:

Of course I like your taste better:nice:

Yea man I've been saving up ever since this new job (I guess not so new anymore) I got. Its funny you say that, but so true about my taste in cars. Im sure you've seen all their fart canned rice cars parked on your sidewalk all the time huh. Idk whats up with them but I guess they just like going slow :shrug:

Yea man I've been saving up ever since this new job (I guess not so new anymore) I got. Its funny you say that, but so true about my taste in cars. Im sure you've seen all their fart canned rice cars parked on your sidewalk all the time huh. Idk whats up with them but I guess they just like going slow :shrug:

:lol: Truth be told... Whats worse is they all seem to want to park ON my house almost:rlaugh: seriously... weeee weeeennnnnn...:D

I have noticed you are always respectful when and where you park. Trust me, we ALL take notice of these things...

Yea it probably gets annoying with them always parking everywhere in front of peoples houses, I know I would. Hey man so you heading up to PIR this saturday for headsup NW?

I was going to but I have a gremlin that popped up... Its a long story, but I dont think I will have the time by saturday to fix it.:( My days off are typically sunday and monday so....:shrug:

Dang man that sucks, thats always the case though for me though. Every time I have something planned either something comes up or goes wrong. Well at least we got all summer :)

Alright guys so last nite I installed the cobra rear bumper along with the the polished tips and the lx tail light lenses.

dmar329.jpg

dmar328.jpg

dmar327.jpg

I just dropped off the stang at a local mustang shop (blue oval performance) to have them install the steeda upper and lower control arms as well as a maximum motorsport panhard bar.

Nice tips. What kind are they? Any better shots of them low below the bumper? How far back do they go?

The tips are SLP 3.5 inch double wall polished. Right now I have them set just a TAD bit past the bumper so it wont get the bumper blacked out from the exhaust, but its not too noticeable to where it looks bad. Wells heres the shots I came up with, let me know if these arent the angle shots you need.

dmar342.jpg

dmar343.jpg

View attachment 322366

dmar345.jpg

dmar346.jpg

Alright so I got my dad to help me start the rear end (new axles, bearings, drums) on saturday then we managed to get the rear done and ALMOST finished the front today. We got the steeda X2 94+ ball joints, 96+ spindles, rotors, calipers, stainless braided hoses, front control arm urethane bushings on so far and all we need to do is bleed the brakes and call it good. The rears are 17x10.5 03 cobra replica wheels from AFSwheels, Im running 3/8 spacers and it is flush with the fenders on both sides and the tires do NOT stick out at AALL. And yes I did roll the fenders and pounded the inner fender with a BMFH.

dmar362.jpg

dmar363.jpg

dmar364.jpg

dmar365.jpg

dmar366.jpg

dmar367.jpg

dmar369.jpg

dmar370.jpg

dmar371.jpg

dmar372.jpg

dmar378.jpg

dmar373.jpg