Fox Does this look normal? Also what are these 2 connections?

The harness hanging in the second picture is the shift lock actuator and here's a pic of the steering column trim out of a 93. You have the 90-93 steering wheel, and cluster surround so I would think the column trim would fit.
Captusfsdfsre.JPG
car.

I checked and I definitely have the correct one. I bought it brand new

• Sponsors (?)

If your gauge cluster is flat across the bottom it is the wrong one. The 87-89 are flat on the bottom. The 90-93 are rounded due to the airbag steering wheel. I bet yours is flat and that's what is causing this issue. Other than the bottom the clusters look the same. The top picture is an 87-89 cluster. The bottom is a 90-93.
20180406_125732.jpg

20180218_152541.jpg
20180613_175104.jpg

Just checked

I am a little lost here...

It looks like you have before pictures and everything is together? If it was together before, it should go back together now if you haven’t changed anything.

The pics where it's on, I forced it together and it's tight against the ignition. If I drive with it on and I turn the wheel it shuts off the engine. But I realize now compared to other pics I see, my turn signal switch is closer to the cluster than others.

I wouldn't think so.. it's basically a hollow tube with a pipe inserted on each end. One end connects to the steering shaft in the engine bay while the other end connects to what the wheel bolts to. Since it's a hollow pipe it allows at least the engine side to collapse in to a point. NEver tried myself but maybe the side where the wheel bolts up can be pushed into the hollow shaft some for adjust too. Maybe yank the steering wheel/shaft out of the interior and, measure then see if there is any adjustment left to pull the wheel further out?

Attachments

• 0900c1528004e3d2.gif
    0900c1528004e3d2.gif
    242.6 KB · Views: 203
I wouldn't think so.. it's basically a hollow tube with a pipe inserted on each end. One end connects to the steering shaft in the engine bay while the other end connects to what the wheel bolts to. Since it's a hollow pipe it allows at least the engine side to collapse in to a point. NEver tried myself but maybe the side where the wheel bolts up can be pushed into the hollow shaft some for adjust too. Maybe yank the steering wheel/shaft out of the interior and, measure then see if there is any adjustment left to pull the wheel further out?

I'll try doing that. Thanks for the help. I'm slowing trying to fix all the shortcuts someone took while converting this car.