Done throwing parts at the ole girl

LXtasy50

Sep 25, 2019
clay ny
I am in hopes of finding out why My ‘90 Lightly modded LX will not start . I will give a list of mods and stuff that I have recently done to TRY and get it right.
-Trick flow uppers and lowers - cam - heads - 24 lb injectors - msd box - 14 timing
** just replaced the ign module - alternator - batt- distributer cap- ignition coil - new msd box . When I finished with all that , it started hard and I gave it some gas until it didnt stahl .... had a TON of power and drove better then it ever has honestly. Went to start it the next morning and fired up hard only to die and not turn over since . Please for the love of christ ... what am i doing wrong :(

• Sponsors (?)

Starting requires fuel, air, and spark. When I hear MSD I automatically go there. I've had them, they aren't reliable to me. You more than likely have the air covered. So between the last two I'd start with the ignition. Do you happen to still have a factory coil and distributor? If so I'd put those on first. Lots of other things to try and I'm sure you'll get good responses.
Welcome to stangnet!

When you say 'won't turn over' you mean it will not crank? Like the engine does not spin.
We have to get the terminology right then we can begin to point you in the right direction.
And yes, the consensus here is that the msd box is junk, I personally don't know, I've never used one.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
first thing you need to do is listen for the fuel pump to prime and shut off at key on

No, the first thing you need to do is answer General karthief's question

[
When you say 'won't turn over' you mean it will not crank? Like the engine does not spin.
We have to get the terminology right then we can begin to point you in the right direction.

I have a comprehensive checklists for both no crank and cranks OK but no start conditions

Tell me which condition you have and I will give you the diagnostic tools you need to get back on the road with a minimum amount of your time and money consumed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users