E9ZF-12A650-A2A

No. Nothing about the ECU has anything to do with the car being a GT, LX hatch, LX Coupe, or Convertible. It is dealing with the motor under the hood, fuel pump, and emissions.

Post #2 here:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Nothing that matters at this point, they generally had a A9M originally in the convertibles, if they can repair the A9l use it, then sell if you coyote swap later on.. Most cars had the 3 letter catch code for the computer on a sticker tucked in the door jam somewhere, if a dealer ever replaced the computers came with one so if you see a small square sticker by the door jam or kick panel area of the passenger side on the sheet metal it might show the history of what it had..

No. Nothing about the ECU has anything to do with the car being a GT, LX hatch, LX Coupe, or Convertible. It is dealing with the motor under the hood, fuel pump, and emissions.

Post #2 here:

That old list has some wrong info and incomplete though, 8l series are from early cali mass air cars that had the slightly different mass air wiring, not S/D.
E8ZF-DA/DB- 8LD 5spd
E8ZF-GB - 8LG auto
E8ZF-GC. - 8LF Auto
all easy to find from big reman. companies

E9ZF-EA - A9T. auto Cali emisdions
E9ZF-DA - A9S 5spd Cali emissions NPD has stock but jacked there core to $250
E9ZF-BA - A9M 5sp federal emission in convertibles

the bin dumps are all out there, out side of matching auto to auto and 5spd to 5spd wiring to the ecu, they are interchangeable on the E9/F3 ecu's. really not worth worrying about on a typical fox body, its just ignition timing and emissions Cali vs federal, the ragtops got a little nerf. in timing advance.

The convertible a9m had a little bump in power due to the heavier weight. People used to actually seek out convertible computers. That was back in the day when folks used to dent the FPR with a hammer to bump up fuel pressure. Lots ot weird stuff happened back in the big hair days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The convertible a9m had a little bump in power due to the heavier weight. People used to actually seek out convertible computers. That was back in the day when folks used to dent the FPR with a hammer to bump up fuel pressure. Lots ot weird stuff happened back in the big hair days.

Back when folks were tuning their TPS trackside to try and get that magical 0.999999V number :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It was a hammer and a 3/8 deep socket lol... Or the A9T was ssp cars only, the old magazine guys where at etown and taco a decent amount..... I don't know about tps, but the ice bags and 10min tune up lol was so common. Hell, I still pull the spout, lock the timing and bump fuel pressure on some at the track, drop the fuel jet a few sizes from most kits jetting charts, too lazy/cheap to chip them or do an aftermarket efi. but there all always budget bolt on stuff with a bottle on it, Just found an old unused trick flow tfx plate cheap that nx used to make for them, that's going on one.

Recently purchased an 89 5.0 5 speed convertible. Computer has gone bad. E9ZF-12A650-A2A A9L is what it has currently. Wondering if it is the correct computer for my car or if i need a different one. Anyone with a similar specs fox can you let me know what computer you have? please thanks in advance!
A8L is correct for standard trans. I had mine repaired at ECUEXCHANGE.

A8L is correct for standard trans. I had mine repaired at ECUEXCHANGE.
Sent mine to them a couple days ago. What could cause the computer to go bad? Mine looked burned inside and i read somewhere the wrong 02 harness fries them but im not too knowledgeable on this stuff so i dont know what the 02 harness is or how to check if my fox has the right one or why my computer messed up. Thanks for any info appreciate all the help from everybody

If your car originally a 5-spd. Usually burning up the ECU can occur when someone takes an AOD car, swaps to a stick, and puts an A9L in and doesn’t change the jumper.

Door code will tell you the trans it was originally equipped with. Look under the TR line. Will either be a 2 or a T but I forget which is which. Someone will back me up shortly

If your car originally a 5-spd. Usually burning up the ECU can occur when someone takes an AOD car, swaps to a stick, and puts an A9L in and doesn’t change the jumper.

Door code will tell you the trans it was originally equipped with. Look under the TR line. Will either be a 2 or a T but I forget which is which. Someone will back me up shortly
Ok will try to find out later today. Im hoping i can figure out before putting the new computer. I did find a parts list in the car and it has a bunch of stuff

Attachments

• IMG_7232.jpeg
    IMG_7232.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7231.jpeg
    IMG_7231.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7230.jpeg
    IMG_7230.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 51
What about the actual 02 harness how can you tell the difference between an auto harness and a manual one?

The jumper location on the harness plug is the only difference. It’s pinned differently depending on year and trans

The jumper location on the harness plug is the only difference. It’s pinned differently depending on year and trans

Thanks will be doing that soon. My ecm got repaired by ecuexchange and is on the way back ao i want to make sure i have the right harness