Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

No I have not. That sounds interesting but at this point I believe the jb weld black wrinkle paint option will be my go to...

I thinkbi tried those brazing rods before alumaweld I think it's called, seems like a giant pain in the as.
We use Cecil Muggy aluminum process at work,and you are right. It is a pain,but once ya get the hang of it,there's not much you can't do with it lol
IMG_1973.JPG

Mocked up the rails (extra set) and the front fuel crossover will not work. I suppose I could just cut it off and weld the thing shut.... but I'd rather not... I'm not even sure if the front crossover is needed.?

Just posted a talk thread about fuel rail options..... anyone have a cheap alternative.?

Mocked up the rails (extra set) and the front fuel crossover will not work. I suppose I could just cut it off and weld the thing shut.... but I'd rather not... I'm not even sure if the front crossover is needed.?

Just posted a talk thread about fuel rail options..... anyone have a cheap alternative.?
lets consider this for a moment shall we?

Of all the things to cheap out on,...what part of "Fuel Rail" would best be left off that list.

* cue the little burning dude...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtwPE8QoLHocjeFfbbnET1bPWdL1Ofc6pSqaAEF81PPR3QJc3PPA.png

Reactions: 1 users
They make blank fuel rail stock, just cut to length, drill your injector holes, tap the ends for either pipe or an threads, and then run an hose for your crossover.

Conversely, look for steel jic fittings (compatible with an) and weld/braze them to your existing rails, then an hose for crossover.

They make blank fuel rail stock, just cut to length, drill your injector holes, tap the ends for either pipe or an threads, and then run an hose for your crossover.

Conversely, look for steel jic fittings (compatible with an) and weld/braze them to your existing rails, then an hose for crossover.
Thanks I never thought of that as an option. This may work if I can't find a decent alternative

The front crossover helps to dampen out the surge when an injector opens and shuts. If you ever heard what happens in a house with bad plumbing, you know exactly what I mean. The bang you hear is disturbing to say the least. Multiply that by 80 times and you can understand how it would play havoc with the steady fuel delivery you need.

Looking at most aftermarket rails even the expensive one don't have a front crossover.... So I'm not going to worry about it. Once I get the chance I will modify my stock rail and go from there.

Using a set of explorer rails I mocked this up, i can't do anything yet until I get materials to make the rail brackets but I have an idea.
20170723_100754.jpg
injectors left bagged for cleanliness. I'm going to chamfer the holes the bungs are in, then tack weld each one and disassemble.

You're probably recovering from one too many margaritas,....but I just gotta point out what appears obvious to me..

Now I'm certainly no flow dynamic engineer by any scope, but don't you think that your plenum beneath the TB is a flow restriction that will inhibit power potential. I realize that once those impellers start pulling air in they'll force air to enter the engine regardless, but w/ all of the sharp edges, a dropped lower corner, and a proverbial square peg feeding a round hole I think your plenum design will be restrictive to potential power.

You're probably recovering from one too many margaritas,....but I just gotta point out what appears obvious to me..

Now I'm certainly no flow dynamic engineer by any scope, but don't you think that your plenum beneath the TB is a flow restriction that will inhibit power potential. I realize that once those impellers start pulling air in they'll force air to enter the engine regardless, but w/ all of the sharp edges, a dropped lower corner, and a proverbial square peg feeding a round hole I think your plenum design will be restrictive to potential power.
I think I understand what you mean, but are you talking about the inlet plenum or the plenum below the blower?

Last edited:
Today was a blast, cold water and hot women wearing close to nothing bliss. I didnt think I have seen that many college girls running around before. Good thing I had sunglasses, wife was on alert.... lol.

After the 2.5hr drive back to reality, I grilled some chops lit a cigar and hit the shop. Then proceeded to sand blast and epoxy my way through the rest of the afternoon.

Here's what we got.
20170724_192423.jpg
epoxy round 1. I need more to finish so I will hit it with the da tomorrow and lay some more on there. The seems will be smooth, I am also coating the inside so my transitions will be smoother.