Finally little more progress made on 84 t-top coupe project..(56 no go)

TC93

Sep 11, 2000
Ellerslie GA 31807
Finally got around to working on the 84 T-top coupe project. . Been working on it for the last 3 days and it is 90% done now. Well at least the hard part is done and I can get on to sanding the rest and get it all ready for primer. Anyway....

I smoothed in the aprons and top portion of the firewall. All that is left to do before final prime is mock everything up and drill what holes I need. The bay was the biggest hurdle in the 84 project T-top coupe, and man I am glad is it done... Want this project running this year,, or really considering selling everything and get out of hot-rods for a while. and now I have finished school and the holidays are over, I have time to mess with it. Anywho......

Here are a few pics.. Don't mind the k-member and strut & facotry CC plate, it's all being replaced with tubular set-up UPR CC plates and adjustable Tokico's, after paint....

What I started with...

Smoothed aprons and top of firewall...

Anyone ever thought of getting rid of that pinch weld somehow? im sure it can be done, but that takes away so much on a smoothed engine bay

Anyone ever thought of getting rid of that pinch weld somehow? im sure it can be done, but that takes away so much on a smoothed engine bay

Would look nice with the pinch weld gone. Looks like all you have to do is cut it off,, and make a filler panel to be welded in.. But then where would you zipp tie the main harness to,, and hide the brake lines..

Would look nice with the pinch weld gone. Looks like all you have to do is cut it off,, and make a filler panel to be welded in.. But then where would you zipp tie the main harness to,, and hide the brake lines..

I have a carb'd engine so the wiring harness isnt an issue at all.. As far as the brake lines... that could be fabbed to go inside the cowl panel im thinkin..

I have a carb'd engine so the wiring harness isnt an issue at all.. As far as the brake lines... that could be fabbed to go inside the cowl panel im thinkin..

That would look killer!!

Looks badass and hurry up and get that thing done, I am trying to put together a stangnet GA meet at silver dollar come spring time!

I wish it would be ready by spring but highly doubt it. I am shooting for mid to late summer...