Finally little more progress made on 84 t-top coupe project..(56 no go)

TC93

Sep 11, 2000
Ellerslie GA 31807
Finally got around to working on the 84 T-top coupe project. . Been working on it for the last 3 days and it is 90% done now. Well at least the hard part is done and I can get on to sanding the rest and get it all ready for primer. Anyway....

I smoothed in the aprons and top portion of the firewall. All that is left to do before final prime is mock everything up and drill what holes I need. The bay was the biggest hurdle in the 84 project T-top coupe, and man I am glad is it done... Want this project running this year,, or really considering selling everything and get out of hot-rods for a while. and now I have finished school and the holidays are over, I have time to mess with it. Anywho......

Here are a few pics.. Don't mind the k-member and strut & facotry CC plate, it's all being replaced with tubular set-up UPR CC plates and adjustable Tokico's, after paint....

What I started with...

2121904_16_full.jpg

2121904_18_full.jpg

Smoothed aprons and top of firewall...

dsc03261_163.jpg

dsc03250_613.jpg

dsc03251_145.jpg

dsc03256_194.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone ever thought of getting rid of that pinch weld somehow? im sure it can be done, but that takes away so much on a smoothed engine bay

Anyone ever thought of getting rid of that pinch weld somehow? im sure it can be done, but that takes away so much on a smoothed engine bay

Would look nice with the pinch weld gone. Looks like all you have to do is cut it off,, and make a filler panel to be welded in.. But then where would you zipp tie the main harness to,, and hide the brake lines..:D

Would look nice with the pinch weld gone. Looks like all you have to do is cut it off,, and make a filler panel to be welded in.. But then where would you zipp tie the main harness to,, and hide the brake lines..:D

I have a carb'd engine so the wiring harness isnt an issue at all.. As far as the brake lines... that could be fabbed to go inside the cowl panel im thinkin.. :shrug:

I have a carb'd engine so the wiring harness isnt an issue at all.. As far as the brake lines... that could be fabbed to go inside the cowl panel im thinkin.. :shrug:

That would look killer!!

Looks badass and hurry up and get that thing done, I am trying to put together a stangnet GA meet at silver dollar come spring time!

I wish it would be ready by spring but highly doubt it. I am shooting for mid to late summer...