First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

the startup looks really good, you may want to extend the warmup enrichment out until 175* and give it a few percent '105' at 160* and let it taper away to 100 at 175. this will stop you from going lean at that one little spot.

k now you think the warm up enrichment autotune would possibly correct that.. or would it be better if i adjusted it manually?
i was gonna run a WUE autotune this morning when i go out

• Sponsors (?)

yes but you want to adjust the WUE table as it relates to the coolant temp.. you want to stretch the coolant temp out tward full hot a bit. like this.

blucifer WUE.PNG

something like this

yes but you want to adjust the WUE table as it relates to the coolant temp.. you want to stretch the coolant temp out tward full hot a bit. like this.

blucifer WUE.PNG

something like this

ok i rescaled the temps from -20 0 20 40 60 80 110 130 160 175.. and i added 3 points to the 160,, 105 to 107 hopefully that helps cause last night was a decent start after i adjusted the rpm abit and adjusted my duty% to start above rpm target instead of right on target

Reactions: 1 user
yup you just have to keep at it until its just right, this is the part that people usually fudge... the startup/warmup and drivability are the hard stuff.. WOT is easy

yea ive noticed how hard the warm up is... cause i got the idle nice and no surge.. soon as i adjust my ve for hot fuel... the cold starts started to surge.. it almost seems like a domino effect... make a change downlow effects up high and gotta even it out

you have to consider that the VE table is the MAIN fuel table any changes in it affect fueling.. the WUE enrichment adds fuel based on a percentage, 105 mean it multiplies the fuel by 1.05 or it adds 5% fuel ect..

Reactions: 1 user
you have to consider that the VE table is the MAIN fuel table any changes in it affect fueling.. the WUE enrichment adds fuel based on a percentage, 105 mean it multiplies the fuel by 1.05 or it adds 5% fuel ect..

well ill see how it does this morning.. if that surge is gone then ill be going out for a drive.. the lawn is frozen and im able to get out the shop without messing it up lol so im probably gonna take advantage of that if all goes well

i offically hate Ve analyze... Its totally F**ked up my Ve table. pulled so much fuel that i woulda been 19.2 in cruise .. so im just gonna say F-it and just reload the old table and adjust my VE idle cells to where i kno it worked... revert back to the Wue i had before this dam adventure. ill drive the car and use VEAL live.. i personally feel that this little rich spell has probably taken its toll on my plugs and cats.. not to mention its probably damaging my sensor due to the rich condition,, but i got the idle to stabilize by lowering the rpm delta in my idle adaptive settings, -300 -150 - 150 300 was just to much backed it down to -150 -50 0 50 150 and adjusted the slider down to 800 .. seemed to work good to keep rpm stable.. but as for the ve table ill just do that while driving. just figure id update this thread with the reverse progress from today.. its been interesting but frustrating to say the least

Ok.. are you using autotune? (Ve analyze) did you go into advanced and set the fields up?

No i didnt get to use VEAL live.. I tried ve analyze in megalog viewer. And in the fields i had the filters set to 950rpm amd 185 temps... It smoothed out a few cells but the majority it removed alot of fuel. Like i said yesturday it seemed to murder the lower cells. Say 35kpa down to 0. Even in the middle it murdered some cells. Causing the table to not be smooth at all.. Basically i figure it removed fuel where it should of added and added fuel where it should of removed.. Today was a unproductive tuning day....

Normal bud, what do you have the difficulty set to?

sorry for the slow response. but i did the first time on easy then second on normal. which was weird cause where it pulled fuel from it basically added it back.. but see the first time i had my wideband set to the 0v=7.35.1 and 5v=22.40 and like i said before on that setting my Wb was like .2 off.. then i spent some time calibrating my Wb.. did some searching on the msforums to see what people were using to get the gauges to match... i found a setting of 0.91=10afr and 5v=22.5 and the gauges were basically spot on... idle gauge would read 13.9 tunerstudio would read 13.9.. even when holding the throttle the gauges matched.. so hopefully that will help me out with the autotuning features.. cause i belive my wideband was showing tuner studios that i was rich and it was pulling fuel to correct it cause like i said the second time i used VE analyze it was adding fuel where it removed alot. so tomorrow im gonna check the wideband again to make sure its correct , might do a free air calibration to see if the gauges sync up before our class... just so thats not a problem during the class

Normal bud, what do you have the difficulty set to?

heres a short drive..... i heard some deteonation... pinging not bad but on the dec down hills it was pinging... even on flat ground 3rd gear heard some pinging... the laptop was crappin out because of the hot spot signal... it was killing the feed and the computer was shutting down... i left the house with 100% got back with like 67% battery LOL stupid computers

Attachments

• 2019-04-06_17.01.26.msl-april 6th driving.msl
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
Here is the updated tune file for you.

alittle rich on start up some fluctuations but pretty steady.... i did a timing check just to be sure it was on target... heading out for a long ride soon.. hittin up the car wash then some highway driving... found my lighter inverter so im good to go now

Attachments

• 2019-04-07_12.33.07.msl- new tune start up april 7th.msl
    4.3 MB · Views: 58
these dont look too bad.. but theres some funky stuff with the wideband.. its gotta be off still... some afr readings of 7.3 and 9.9. nice little drive tho. held its idle while coasting to stop signs, held a decent afr too,, but i might try messing with the wideband voltage again, might revert back to 0v 7.35.1 5v 22.39 and see how it acts. if this wideband keeps going funky im just gonna replace it with a spartan 2 and be done with it.. this innovates pissin me off

Attachments

• 2019-04-07_13.22.27.msl-car wash drive april 7th.msl
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 2019-04-07_13.52.46.msl- april 7th drive from car wash.msl
    3.2 MB · Views: 50