First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

Ahh ok. Well what do i unplug before flashing new firmware into the ecu. Cause i dont have a 12v stimulator source and i gotta use the car to power it. This im nervous about. I dont wanna fry nothing or damage anything
Bah im not opening my ecu and installing no wires or boot jumpers. Forget that idea lol

Last edited:
Nope, unplug the injectors and ignition coil.
Then use the firmware update prompts in tuner studio. Bootloader is no longer needed.

yea i think ill leave the 3.3.1 in for now and when i build my motor ill do the firmware flash to 3.4.2 cause i cant get to the injectors without removing my upper intake and i dont have any extra gaskets left... my camshaft should be here soon "april 4th" so ill be building not to long after that.. i think thats the best choice

Oh and steve we might have to reschedule that tuning class.. we had a huge storm up here and its flipping cold out,, so might have to move it to next weekend or whenever u got the time figured id let ya know before you woke up early tomorrow

well i removed my maf meter and put that speed density adapter in my CAI,, figured id get better air flow with the adapter then the small maf housing.. had to redo my Ve table alittle bit cause of the smoother airflow but i cannot seem to get tunerstudios afr gauge to match my wideband no matter what i try its still .2-.3 off,, i even re caled the sensor in free air still cant get it to match.. seems like tunerstudio has a lag cause if the wideband reads 13.5 tunerstudios reads like 13.8 then bounces from 13.5 13.8 . like i can live with the .2 difference. but tunerstudio seems to be like 2 seconds behind the gauge lol and its driving me nuts. but heres a datalog from today.. i tried out the warm up enrichment autotune because when its warm and idling its reaching the target but on start up seems to be running lean.. idle moves up and down slowly.. almost a surge but not a surge..

Attachments

• 2019-04-02_15.23.03.msl-april 2nd trying warmup enrichment autotune.msl
    7.6 MB · Views: 72
is it common to make your idle VEs all the same? if so what KPA should i do that too..car idles around 36-37 kpa and 825-835 cause it seems if i get a steady idle when its alittle rich and i lean it off to get it to my afr target.. the bins above it seem to cause it to surge i know it takes the averages of 4 squares . i caught a datalog of it... i made some small changes to my idle yesturday to get it to match my afr table but the car didnt like it once it idled down after warm up abit its started to surge.. and i had to go back to my original VE settings for it to stop...

Last edited:
what AFR are you trying to target? a stock cam car should ldle well near 14ish AFR but you have to give the car what it wants. if it likes to be richer, change the AFR table to the new target value in the idle area.
and yes a common way to help stabilize the idle is to create a block or square in the idle area of cells with the same value.

what AFR are you trying to target? a stock cam car should ldle well near 14ish AFR but you have to give the car what it wants. if it likes to be richer, change the AFR table to the new target value in the idle area.
and yes a common way to help stabilize the idle is to create a block or square in the idle area of cells with the same value.

thats exactly the target... 13.9-14.0 .. ive been changing the bins its idling in.. just was wondering about the bins above... it likes to idle around 53Ve (13.9-14.0) ... and to think im gonna have to go threw all of this Again when i start buildin.. really tryin not to think about that..

Attachments

• 2019-04-03_14.53.24.msl-trying WUE and using WUEautotune 2nd time...msl
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
theres where it likes it and thats where its gonna stay... was tryin out the ego correct abit... seeing where would work the best.. tried 1% 10% and 25% sure sounded like the changes made decent corrections... cars gonna be out for its first ride either tomorrow or the next day so i can get some auto tuning in to get this Ve table dialed in... been waitin long enough for a ride even more so that im tearing it apart shortly ,,, now im kinda not lookin forward to the build lol.. tunings got me spooked

Attachments

• 2019-04-03_16.16.26.msl-3rd start april 3 retuning ve tables for idle.msl
    4.2 MB · Views: 56
Don't get spooked man, it's not as hard as you think. Don't let the afr number dominate your OCD... give the car what it likes at idle, in cruise lean it out and accel it needs to be rich.

Ve analyze is going to target the numbers in the afr table it's that simple. Sometimes it's best to shut ego correction off at idle, then ignore the wb at idle. The number can fluctuate slightly. It's ok this is normal.

Don't get spooked man, it's not as hard as you think. Don't let the afr number dominate your OCD... give the car what it likes at idle, in cruise lean it out and accel it needs to be rich.

Ve analyze is going to target the numbers in the afr table it's that simple. Sometimes it's best to shut ego correction off at idle, then ignore the wb at idle. The number can fluctuate slightly. It's ok this is normal.

Ive had ego control off the whole time. I just tried it today for sh*ts and giggles. But when i do ve analyze to me it seems to pull tonnes of fuel down low... Just doesnt seem right to me on how much its pullin and i have my filters set to 1000rpm and 180 temps. Ive wanted to try one of the tables ve analzye suggests. But just seems like it pulls tonnes out. But then again my wideband goes into the 11s when u push the gas. So it probably needs fuel removed

Yeah it needs a bunch pulled out....
Let's do some mathz.....
Let's say were targeting afr 14.7 but we have a afr reading of 11.3 to see how much fuel needs to be removed we can do a bit of division.
Have/want
Have=11.3
Want=14.7
11.3/14.7= .768
So this shows we have about 25% more fuel than needed in that ve cell. By multiplying the ve cell by .768 we will be adjusting the fuel we need to get to target.

Yeah it needs a bunch pulled out....
Let's do some mathz.....
Let's say were targeting afr 14.7 but we have a afr reading of 11.3 to see how much fuel needs to be removed we can do a bit of division.
Have/want
Have=11.3
Want=14.7
11.3/14.7= .768
So this shows we have about 25% more fuel than needed in that ve cell. By multiplying the ve cell by .768 we will be adjusting the fuel we need to get to target.

Ahhhh so theres some math involved lmfao. Always hated math. But seems simple enough. Just wasnt sure about free reving and using ve analyze.. No idea if that was a bad thing.. Everyone says its no good that way but ill giver a try

And another thing i wanted to ask. Would me lowering my target idle rpm curve in closed loop mess up the tune.. Kinda would like it to start up and idle like the stock ecu. Fire up to like 1200. Then get down quickly to say 1000rpm and then warm up to like 850. If i did that would it mess up the tune?

Last edited: