First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

You idle would have jumped up when you hit burn since you are writing the changes to the car immediately. This stops/starts the ECU for a split second to write the updates, so you should see the quick up/down of the MAP/idle.

you should have a KPA value of 35-60 on a normal running engine at idle unless something is wrong.

i found out what was wrong... passenger side lifters are defective... all collapsed so i called summit sent them a video of the lifters and they are shipping me new ford motorsport ones.. i was warned about the trickflow lifters... made in mexico bull:poo:....

Datalogs are useless without the tune file for them.

You swapped out the ENTIRE top end the tune is going to change substantially. Your overly rich during this warmup, and your idle valve settings are not working correctly with the new intake and TB combo you have on the car.
Looks like your idle valve settings [initial values] are fubar car wants more air.

Last edited:

You swapped out the ENTIRE top end the tune is going to change substantially. Your overly rich during this warmup, and your idle valve settings are not working correctly with the new intake and TB combo you have on the car.
Looks like your idle valve settings [initial values] are fubar car wants more air.[/QUOTE

Looks like your idle valve settings [initial values] are fubar car wants more air.

well god dam.... i did ask if anything else needed to be changed in the tune.. and you said no just the injectors Pwm and offset.. lol . well now that i kno that basically everything needs to be touched and tweaked in the tune thats a start cause here im thinkin its mechanical and i did something wrong.. also i was just about to tear into the car for a 3rd time.. ive already throwen like 250$ in gaskets just tearing it apart twice. heres my current tune file , theres some notes on different injector deadtimes and offsets i guess just ignore them

Attachments

• 2019-04-28_11.09.01.msq-blucifer trickflow top end kit 30lb injectors.msq
    120.8 KB · Views: 56
To start the new tune off all that needs changed is injector settings.... your sd tuning, it's all about airflow. If it were maf the car would need very little.

well i dont have mass air.. so thats out of the question.. and this info would have been good when i asked... Sooo now that i know now i gota change basically everything in the tune... How the hell do i go about it? is there a math formula to figure out what to put in for the inital values table... I just need the car to run so i can do whatever i need to keep it running.. so i guess point me in the right direction and ill see if i can mess it up somemore

If you are just wanting to make the car run and make tuning changes as you go then go change your idle control to "open-loop", which will remove all your idle settings to a base 1-table curve. You can then adjust your VE table for the new combo and come back later to re-enable CL idle once you get the initial table numbers needed to update it.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are just wanting to make the car run and make tuning changes as you go then go change your idle control to "open-loop", which will remove all your idle settings to a base 1-table curve. You can then adjust your VE table for the new combo and come back later to re-enable CL idle once you get the initial table numbers needed to update it.

if your able to take a look and see if im making the right changes that would be appreciated

Attachments

• 2019-04-29_12.56.36.msq-blucifer,changes,made,.msq
    120.8 KB · Views: 66
That looks to be a good starting point for you

Just get the car warmed up fully so you can update the VE Table. That should be your main concern getting AFR target to match Actual. Keep the Warm-up idle table open as you may need to add air to keep it running.

Reactions: 1 user
That looks to be a good starting point for you

Just get the car warmed up fully so you can update the VE Table. That should be your main concern getting AFR target to match Actual. Keep the Warm-up idle table open as you may need to add air to keep it running.

and someone on msextra sent me a spreadsheet to figure out deadtimes for my injectors.. but to me its jibberish lol

heres the datalogs i took of the car running the other days... figured id drop them here since you cant post them in private chat.. they arnt pretty.. and this message is for stanglx2002 ,, first one is the first time i fired it. second one is same day different deadtimes. 3rd one was new lifters and valve lash set with deadtimes that were suggested by you stanglx2002.. this post is just to put the datalogs up for anyone to look and maybe give advice.. lol happy trails cause im tryin my new settings and adjustments in like 30mins so wish me luck im gonna need it

Attachments

• 2019-04-22_17.11.13.msl-topend kit.msl
    249.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 2019-04-27_18.41.13.msl
    739.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 2019-04-27_19.17.06.msl-num 2.msl
    644.5 KB · Views: 49
can someone confirm this for me.. i entered all the data i had from the injector information to figure out the deadtimes and voltages.. so hopefully i did this correct

Attachments

• Copy of Megasquirt Deadtime Calculator - Sheet1.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 478
umm yea it runs but not good lol no idea if there maybe still something out of wack but im gonna go over it... it starts now and idles on its own but i think the injectors are causin it to run rich... cause my afr is rich and map high.. as shown in the datalog

Attachments

• 2019-04-30_12.55.52.msl-start up.msl
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 2019-04-30_13.11.21.msq-april 30th blucifer.msq
    121 KB · Views: 54
Datalog this all i did was scale the fuel table by a bit under your AFR offset.. basically i removed 15% fuel by multiplying the table by .85

well its still super rich and surging hard... i tried to get the timing in the ball park just so its close to where it need to be but its surging was stable at first but then once it warmed up it surged

Attachments

• 2019-04-30_15.20.52.msl-start up new plugs.msl
    2 MB · Views: 70
i duno i think my injector settings my be off or something cause the maps falling but just seems its still gettin to much fuel
when i give it alittle bit of gas it seems to level out and sound sort of normal... but at idle its choppy and surgin