First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

just to the right alittle bit

Attachments

• timing post.jpg
    timing post.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Sponsors (?)

One more thing to mention, ideally the trigger offset will be 0-10*

well mine landed on 13.50 and thats 20degrees.. i hammered out autotune for 3 blocks on easy cause it was super lean.. then normal for a few blocks didnt go far.. up the road and back

Attachments

• 2019-04-30_18.30.20.msl-drive.msl
    646.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2019-04-30_18.38.03.msl-drive 2.msl
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
Yes the 13.5 is the offset.

and i was lookin over my datalog from the drive.. so according to my initial values table " it think that what controls my idle valve when hot in closed loop" thats the table my idle valves supose to follow right.. cause i noticed my valve is only open to about 13.4-19 ish.. and i have it set to be open about 30ish... so from what happend before with my car when i had the throttle body screw out to much.. should i sync my table up to my throttle body screw again..

No, that table is used as a simple lookup table for when you go into closed loop, it is meant to give the idle valve a starting point. The goal is to get the valve into a position over what is needed then it will smoothly transition into cl idle.

No, that table is used as a simple lookup table for when you go into closed loop, it is meant to give the idle valve a starting point. The goal is to get the valve into a position over what is needed then it will smoothly transition into cl idle.

ahh ok well then what would be causing my idle valve to be closing while at idle... before it held at around 20.1 but it was lower until i adjusted my tb . and i figured its the same idea now... cause i havnt really touched that screw yet.. except for a 1/2 turn when starting the car. k well i guess i gotta look over my tune and see where abouts my idle valve should be sitting at idle.

and i guess trickflow stage one cams pull crap for vaccuum.. i was kinda hoping for abit lower MAP. been searchin the net to see if theres any info on that cam and the amount of vac it pulls. but i guess with a lobe sep of 110. it wouldnt pull high vac.

whats the range between offsets thats allowable>?. after i got my car hot i had to readjust the offset to get the timing to match trigger wizard.. had to bump it up to 15ish from 13.50.. isnt there a range in offset that works best?
after i did that 25degree check where the rotor was pointing thing. it seems i may have went alittle to far.