First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

0-19* is allowed.

here ya go steve.. i made a few small changes. in the first datalog but the car didnt like it.. i bumped up my target idle to about 875 at full hot.. seemed the cam and the 30s dont like to idle any lower.. but took it for a short blast after i redid my valves. seems alright.. needs a sh*t ton of work tho.. tune wise. but its a car again,, figured id show ya and let ya know

Attachments

• 2019-05-02_13.55.03.msl-readjusted valves may2nd.msl
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 2019-05-02_14.16.54.msl-start and drive.msl
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
  • 2019-05-02_14.45.41.msq-blucfier may 2nd.msq
    121 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

for some reason its pulling tonnes of fuel... that table was lean to being with.. and it keeps gettin leaner.. no idea why. and i gotta change afr gauges cause its hard to start cant tell if its lean or rich cause the stupid gauge doesnt kick on right away..

you are using autotune yes?? what do you have the difficulty set at? at this point it should be on hard.
you also need to smooth the VE table highlight the entire table and hit the smoothing button twice.

Reactions: 1 user
you are using autotune yes?? what do you have the difficulty set at? at this point it should be on hard.
you also need to smooth the VE table highlight the entire table and hit the smoothing button twice.

im only on my second drive.. so i was using normal.. started on easy second drive did normal.. now ill try hard.. and i did smooth the whole table.. i didnt like what i saw.. outer edges were all adding fuel while in the center "mostly cruise areas" were all red.. but ill give it a try i guess,, been tryin to nail down the idle mostly. seems alot harder then the last time but i think im gettin it

But if you remember. The afterstart percent and taper that we had to do for my car before.. I had to do it now.. Hot starts were so lean it was surging right from key on.. Had to make the table go up down up lol like a check mark.. Seemed to help. But the idles fallin way below target if i give it gas and let off. Falls to like 500rpm. I think i might remove some timing from the idle advance table. Go from 8 to 4 and see if it stops goin so low

see this is the start up im fighting.. cant see what the afrs doing cause of that stupid innovate gauge takes to long to fire up. i gotta find a good afr gauge that fires up right away,, none of this half minuate bullsh*t...

Attachments

• 2019-05-02_19.46.28.msl-quick drive.msl
    6.5 MB · Views: 82
  • 2019-05-02_21.14.43.msq-may 2nd second tune.msq
    121 KB · Views: 79
Your starting issue looks like it is timing related. the idle settles right in when CL idle kicks on.
looks like your cranking PWM% idle duty is to low around 100* try raising it by 10%

so scale x1.10. you think i should just scale the whole Pwm% table.. cause thats what i did.. and as for timing my offset keeps gettin higher.. No idea whats going on.. started at full hot 13.50 got me to 20 on fixed.. then yesturday full hot i had to add a few more degrees.. then last night i had to do it again.. I asked the diy guys how to set the timing to 10degrees mechanical.. and he said to do it while cranking.. basically if i crank it over and read 10 on balancer and i should be close to 10 mechanical.. but still no idea why my trigger offset is changing like this

I need a datalog from a drive where you have NOT been using VE analyze. get me a log file and send the tune you used during that drive and I will make an adjustment for you.

you do have the distributor tightened down yes?? are you always checking timing at the same/similar RPM?
you may be experiencing timing drift due to an incorrect latency setting.
are you checking the timing the same way each time? lots of human error can occur here.

I need a datalog from a drive where you have NOT been using VE analyze. get me a log file and send the tune you used during that drive and I will make an adjustment for you.

you do have the distributor tightened down yes?? are you always checking timing at the same/similar RPM?
you may be experiencing timing drift due to an incorrect latency setting.
are you checking the timing the same way each time? lots of human error can occur here.

1: dizzy is tighened down first thing i checked... and also yes.. first time i checked i had my target rpm at 825... but then i bumped it up the second time to 900.... third check was at 900rpm aswell..
2: and yes same way everytime... full hot "195degrees" fixed 20.. timing light on balancer same spot i always check.. the one time i had a idle surge, but i fixed that and re checked. it was fine.. but ill go over everything to just make sure that nothings moving... i even made a mark on my dizzy to see if it was moving it was in the same spot

and its raining here.. so once it stops ill take a ride around town and get a datalog with no Ve analyze or Autotune.. and ill send a copy of tune and log

in the datalogs,, base spark advance and spark advance should basically be reading the same numbers.. like following each other while driving and holding at idle... my base spark advance is 17.0 and the spark advance is always 17.3 .. i was lookin at my datalogs from my other setup and they both hold the exact same. 17-17 and follow each other like clock work, so if im correct in about .3 off on timing

Nope, you must have either clt or mat ignition correction happening.
Also your timing at idle will move around some, you have idle advance turned on.. it uses timing to help control idle.

I took into account that factor too.. But ill just keep my eye on everything real closely.. But i just finished my 3rd heat cycle check. Smoke test and buttoning up stuff. Retorqued the lower intake etc. Found a small vac leak at the vac tree and egr had a lil smoke come out of it.. So i sealed up the one hose end that was leakin and i got a buddy making me a egr block off plate. So that will take care of that non sense lol. But once i go for a quick boot once it warms up. Ill post tune and datalog

im not to happy with this tune its fighting every change i make... seems like the car or the tune doesnt like me one bit lol doesnt like changes cause the car isnt responding well to anything, im starting to regret the top end kit.. i should have left the sleeping bear alone..

Attachments

• 2019-05-03_18.14.31.msl-drive to town no autotune.msl
    4.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 2019-05-03_18.57.54.msq-blucifer may 3rd tune..msq
    121.3 KB · Views: 73
Nope, you must have either clt or mat ignition correction happening.
Also your timing at idle will move around some, you have idle advance turned on.. it uses timing to help control idle.

heres something you can have a laugh at... my idle valve isnt even workin at idle... not even on 1% i had to adjust my throttle body screw.... it is a new tb after all and i never touched it cause your not supose to ,,, i just installed it as is

Attachments

• 2019-05-03_19.47.58.msl-idle.msl
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
well heres my WUE autotune... was alittle bitchey on start up.. had to help it keep goin with a bit of throttle but it caught itself quick.. gonna run it again tomorrow morning again. i didnt hit extended prediction so ill see what else it changes
also heres a short boot to the store... figured you would wanna see that

Attachments

• 2019-05-05_13.25.10.msl-WUE TUNING.msl
    3 MB · Views: 84
  • 2019-05-05_15.33.34.msq-steves tune-WUE tuning.msq
    121.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2019-05-05_14.51.52.msl-drive to store.msl
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
is there any reason why WUE autotune would remove all fuel from the warmup enrichments... -40 to 25* its 100.. then 50 its 123 back down to 100 at full hot lol

Attachments

• 2019-05-06_14.41.42.msl-start up second WUE autotuning.msl
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 2019-05-06_14.55.43.msq-second WUE autotune.msq
    121.2 KB · Views: 70