First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

well hopefully my maths right on this. cause ive always sucked at it LOL... but with the graph i have come up with. put my idle afrs inbetween 15.0-16.3. so if i pick the leanest point of 16.3 and i want a afr of 14.3 that would work out to 1.140%. so if i grab the majority of my idle cells and mulitply them by that i should be in the ballpark.. just sucks that my afrs arnt all the same like a flat 14.7 up to say 1050rpms.. that would be alot easier to work out the math instead of having to go frame by frame in the datalog to find out what my afrs are... like cruise and stuff my afrs are on point.. maybe fluctuating like .3 off target but during shifts and idle my afr goes lean cause of the graph.. so i was thinking of just multiplying the whole idle area 100kpa down to 0 and up to 1050rpm by the 1.140% and see what it does but something tells me that my cars gonna burn super rich from a cold start.. or richen up when warm and die and burn a set of plugs.. cause i remember when i did the build and my idle ves were up there in the 55-60s and it burnt out a set of plugs being so rich.. but i guess we will see what happens tomorrow when i do what i gotta do to get this crap back to were its doing what i want it to do.

• Sponsors (?)

You build a multi point curve, idle- cruise - high cruise - wot.

Just like there instructions read.

Well maybe if i explain it this way. I wont look so dumb for asking. The diy datalog shows the cars flow% at 106000. And wot at 736000. Now at the end of the datalog. The car idles down to 53060flow%.. And there first number in the chart is 106000.. Now my cruise numbers at low tps reading is in the 105000 range.. But my idle is 53600 range.. Now. If i start the chart where they recommend. My flow numbers will be in the 6 digits. Not 5 like my idle.. Now. If my chart starts at 6 digits and my idle flow% is 5. Wouldnt that chart put my correction outside my idle range..

And to whoever put that quote beside my name... you can kindly go :leghump: yourself.. when your giving information dont beat around the dam bush when someones asking questions... when giving info you give step 1-10 and you dont leave step 3-6 out and expect someone to kno what they are...

there not bad for someone who apparently only understands every third word...
word of advice.. Yes isnt a answer to a question that requires more then a one worded answer,

Attachments

• 2019-05-31_14.20.06.msl-clt mat correction curve adjusting.msl
    5.4 MB · Views: 163
Nope just install it.

So now since ive got no more air leaks. My inital values table is alittle on the high side. With my clt mat correction on and fuel adjusted. It seems to be allowing a small amount of hanging idle.. Ive had to change alot of my tune around that were bandaid fixes for when i first did my build and havin problems.. Now that its fixed. The bandaid fixes are causing problems lmfao. Ironic isnt it

Nope just install it.

i think ive got my return to idle from stabbing the gas pretty spot on now.. seems to return to idle without any oscilation... no matter how hard i hit the gas it goes right back to idle without arguing but that clt mat correction did mess with my EAE tuning. so now i gotta play with that abit.. well atleast im pretty happy with how fast it returns to idle when i lift or hit the gas

Attachments

• 2019-06-02_14.16.04.msl-idle hang.msl
    2.8 MB · Views: 132
i got a very dumb question... i just upgraded my megalogviewer to the HD version and i cant find the enter registration tab so i can update my mLv to the HD version.. it says to go to the help menu and click enter registration.... but thats not there LOL... i go to help and theres no where to enter the number>? am i missing something?

Yeah it is a little confusing in that MegaLogViewer and MegaLogViewer HD are (2) different software packages where as TunerStudio MS and TunerStudio MS Ultra are the same package.

Reactions: 1 user
HD is a seperate download i believe

so to hand tune fuel using the histogram table.. Id have the x axis set to rpm Y axis set to Map and the Zaxis set to afr target and a filter of afr out of range? and i can use that number and mulitply the cells in my ve table to get the ves to where i want to match my afr targets? also where abouts is the table generator ? i watched andy whittles video but he dont show where ya go to select it. unless my HD versions is different from his

Last edited:
Yeah it is a little confusing in that MegaLogViewer and MegaLogViewer HD are (2) different software packages where as TunerStudio MS and TunerStudio MS Ultra are the same package.

haha yea i just figured that out.. kinda tripped me out cause i looked in the help thing and there was No update registration or nothing.. i was like great there goes 30$ haha

soo i tried to hand tune my ve table using histograms and that filter... made it just abit lean.. also that low throttle bucking is back.. it seems to only happen when the cars just off cold.. like 175-180degrees. but goes away kinda when full hot. ive smoothed my timing table again cause i did bump my timing up from 15 to 16 at idle.. car seems to like it better.. might go abit higher like 17-18 at idle havnt decided.. it seems with the low timing the car wants to buck at light throttle.. when i had 17 at idle it didnt buck at all, i have made quite abit of changes to my tune. but if you got the time can ya take a look and see if im missing something that could be causing the bucking,, and its not surging or lean so it has to be timing related, and yes my timing matches 20 fixed.

Attachments

• 2019-06-08_15.26.04.msq-june8th tune.msq
    122.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 2019-06-08_13.21.46.msl-drive after hand tune ve and few other small changes.zip
    688.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
nevermind i figured out that the rpm dip when returning to idle was caused by my higher map lower rpm bins being to lean.. and when i lifted to fast and it returned to idle there was no fuel on the intake walls to help recover the idle.. so i richened up the lower rpm. higher map values and it all went away.. car returns to idle no matter what rpm i let off at and doesnt go up high in kpa then fall into my idle.. i figured that out from when i was tuning the EAE wall fuel.. its basically the same idea when not running EAE.. at a steady state throttle the PW feeds and the air pulls.. so when the throttle is slamming shut from say 3000rpms and closes fast without EAE or AE the extra fuel thats usually on the walls isnt there.. so it would cycle up then down into idle.. now that ive added about 6% more fuel in the 65kpa to 100 bins for the area that i idle in.. totally cured that problems.. also me bumping up my timing at idle helped a :poo:load too.. im starting to figure this stuff out now. even turned off closed loop and idle advance and got my car a steady idle .. figured id drop my new found knowledge down so if someones having the same issue they can see one solution that worked.. instead of having to pay or wait for someone to help.. Cheers.

You sure do like to sprinkle in a salty comment dont you? I dont get paid to watch this board I do it for free because I like to help. Your above epiphany is something that is covered in the tuning manual btw.. although that is not always an easy read.
Open loop idle is much easier to tune than closed loop, some cars do very well with it. Heck some dont even have an idle valve. The upside to open loop is it's easy to setup. The downside is it cannot account for changes in load on the engine.

Sprinkling salt on a comment? not at all... just was alittle bit of info that i figured out that didnt cost me nothing but alittle bit in fuel money thats all.. wasnt salty at all.. no idea how u got that from what i wrote.. i think you just read it wrong.. But i guess sorry if i hurt your feelings.