Exhaust Flowmaster Tailpipes

fredfifty

Nov 23, 2011
SF Bay Area
Does anyone know if the flowmaster tailpipes from LMR will slip fit into my pypes violator mufflers? (similar to the pypes tailpipes that came with it) i would rather not weld them on if possible. I also noticed the flowmaster tailpipes dont have the muffler hangers, only the tailpipe hangers so im guessing those would need to be welded on as well.

Reason i want to swap tailpipes is because i dont want the 3” black tips and i hear the flowmaster tailpipe routing is better, i dont really like the routing on the pypes tailpipes.

Any input is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Y'all might look at Stinger's web page. He does sell tail pipes, though the site is mostly dedicated to the 2.3 4 cylinder crowd, I bought a set of tails from him for my GT. They aren't GT specific, they are LX pipes but they're easy to "convert"...by cutting a few inches off the ends of each side and putting a turndown on them. Fit pretty good for aftermarket pipes. 2 piece design (but mine are 3") so they slip over the axle housing easily. AND....cheaper than everyone else's. I think the site is something like stinger-performance dot com or something along those lines.

As far as putting them on your existing mufflers, that's an easy task. The only thing, you may have to adjust things around a little bit. IF it's already welded up, that "could" throw a wrench into the spokes depending on how the mufflers were positioned. On mine, everything was custom so I didn't have much trouble other than having to fabricate EVERYTHING from the headers back, then I tried stinger's tails and they fit VERY well with minimal trimming here & there, but again they're 3". I my case, the only regret is not putting a resonator or cats on, as the 427 barks pretty good even through the quietest 50 series flowmaster mufflers. Not real loud at idle, but when you get into the throttle it starts getting louder than I like. May put some cats on it at some point.